The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Greddy 60mm boost gauge

Duffman

Just bought a used one of these(no instruction booklet)

Gonna mount it in the vent

Its the wiring thats confusing me....red, white, orange, black, yellow

Can anyone advise where these go to and how to connect them on as they dont have any connectors etc.

Ive read a few of the previous threads on boost gauges but i just want it cleared up in my head so i dont go blowing anything up

Cheers guys :)

ive fitted the gauge using black, red, orange wires but not yet connected up the hose etc

its not doing anything the now is this normal...i know it wont give me a reading cos i havent connected it to hose yet but should it do anything when i start up i.e. needle move at all?

connected the hose up but wen idling it sounded as if it were about to cut out...there was already a kind of t-piece where i put in the new one...i just basically left out the hose connected to the original boost thingy and inserted new t-piece here.

So then i removed everything i'd done and put the original hose back in and took her for a spin....is there anyway i could of mucked up the boost or anything because (maybe its in my head) but i really think it felt quicker....not that i want this as i dont want to destroy the turbo or the engine.

im in panic mode

connected the hose up but wen idling it sounded as if it were about to cut out...there was already a kind of t-piece where i put in the new one...i just basically left out the hose connected to the original boost thingy and inserted new t-piece here.

It's not very clear what you've done. :)

Mr Fish - i connected the red, black, orange to the back of the radio (just after the terminal block that inserts into the radio)

the only coloured wires i saw on the back out of all the above colours were red, black, orange (yellow was there but i didnt use it). There were loads of wires behind there coming outt he blocks.

I saw a white wire as well but I thought this was for speakers or something.

I started the car up without the hose connected and nothing happened...I was expecting it to maybe light up.

Have I fitted the wires in the correct location?

note i have fitted the red and orage both on the back of the radio where it comes out the terminal block)