The mkiv Supra Owners Club

5.4L stroker V8, one in stock and available, ready to build

cowboy bebop

Hi guys,

We have one 5.4L stroker kit in stock right now, and our shcedule will be open after we finish with Ed's V8 build in a few days. Normally it takes up to 6 months to build one off these stroker kits, sometimes longer. But we have one sitting here on the shelf.

We'd like offer a complete stroker motor build here on the forums. It will have to be first come, first served on this build because there is only one 5.4L kit to go around right now. Please PM me for details and we can get the ball rolling. Here's a pic or two of the stroker crank, and of the last 5.4L stroker motor we've built.

Finished product

Thanks gents,

Eric

On a high compression NA application and an aggressive set of cams, the motor is in the 500-550 range. Right now, there's a 13:1CR race NA motor making 690HP revving out to 9000rpm with the same crank. On a more down to earth motor running a more pump gas friendly 11:1 and a set of cams with good lift and duration, 500-550HP is right in the sweet spot. Torque is right in that same range as well.

Thanks!

Eric

I'd say a 5.4LTT build is very comparable to a 3.0L build, and much less than a high end 3.4L build w/ high end turbo kit. A 5.4L NA build is cheaper than a high end 3.0L w/ high end single build. We don't have a ton of overhead, so we can make the pricing the best possible while making the quality highest possible. Let me know if you would like a detailed breakdown. The USD is low right now compared to the GBP so we can make some deals.

Thanks!

Eric

Edited by cowboy bebop (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
So im just curious, how much does it cost?

Think you'll have to PM, mustnt want to give out all their secrets

Ohh, sorry guys I didn't see the postings. Here's the rundown of parts that go into a high compression 5.4L NA.

...JE Pistons/ total seal rings

...Eagle V8 4340 custom rods w/ ARP 2000 rod bolts

...Billet 9310 custom stroker crank, 5.4L

...TTC Performance Products Camshafts, any grind.

...TTC Performance Products Valve Springs, standard

...ARP Head

...ARP Main Studs

...TTC Performance Products main cap bracing

...TTC Performance Products twin plenum intake manifold

...TTC Performance Products V160 adapter kit

...TTC Performance Products V8 fuel rails

...Rochester, Siemens, or similar name brand US Domestic injectors

...Quarter Master twin plate clutch w/ install kit

...Cometic MLS Head Gaskets

...Complete, clean core

...Steel V8 /MKIV motor mounts

...ACL bearings

...S&S headers

...1uzfe oil dipstick, upper and lower pans, and pickup

...modded oem higher pressure oil pump

...Fully assembled engine ready to go w/

AC compressor, PS pump, and 180 amp alternator

Total pricing with assembly is 13,618.60GBP at todays exchange rate. Here's a pick of a 5.4L stroker bottom end coming together on one of our other builds.

Love it :) I think if i was starting again i would go V8 :)

...JE Pistons/ total seal rings

...Eagle V8 4340 custom rods w/ ARP 2000 rod bolts

Just out of interest how come you've gone with eagle rods? just I didn't think MVP recommend them?

"We absolutely do not recommend these rods. The stock 2JZ-GTE rods are just as good as these. If you want nice rods then get Carrillo. We offer these in an effort to carry every product for your Supra, however we definitely do not recommend them."

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=559&SearchYN=N

Or are they significantly different in this V8 application?

Love it :) I think if i was starting again i would go V8 :)

Just out of interest how come you've gone with eagle rods? just I didn't think MVP recommend them?

"We absolutely do not recommend these rods. The stock 2JZ-GTE rods are just as good as these. If you want nice rods then get Carrillo. We offer these in an effort to carry every product for your Supra, however we definitely do not recommend them."

http://www.mvpmotorsports.com/Templates/frmTemplateM7.asp?SubFolderID=559&SearchYN=N

Or are they significantly different in this V8 application?

No real reason, that's just what comes with the kit. They're not a bad rod and the ones that we've gotten so far have all been within a gram of each other. There are much better rods available, Carillo comes to mind. We can also upgrade to Carrillo, no doubt, just that the pricing is higher. We're talking a difference of ~$1600 usd just in rods. It's all up to the end user, we're flexible. :)

Eric