The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Project

Matt H

Parts deposit is paid so i quess its on :D

While my car is in getting sorted i've taken the plunge and decided to have a single conversion done.

Michel is starting from a clean slate which is what is needed and rebuilding the engine and gear box with some good strong components so its not only going to run well but be future proof too.

Car goes in at the end of the month.

Heres a list of whats going in :cool:

Very excited about this prospect. Looking for around 500bhp with great spool.

rebuilt bottom end

eagle rods

wisco pistons

race bearing

new oil pump

new timing belt

new fan belt

new head gasket

ARP bolts

complete new gasket set

head examined and cleaned

new turbo kit / gt35r

cast / tubular manifold

tial wastegate

tail bov

new oil lines

oil filter relocation kit

16 row oil cooler

gear box oil cooler

new auto gearbox (stock setting not uprated)

New torque converter

new DP

new fuel system

880cc injectors

titian rail

aeromotive FPR

-10an fuel lines

examine fuel cell for for walbro pumps / rework hanger

AEM ecu

AEM map sensor

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice mate but i would not bother with the aem as that's what I'm running at the moment and it dose not control the auto box very well . So i'm going for the greddy emu now so i can keep the stock ecu to look after the auto as it's meant to ,

But if your adamant on going with the aem mine will be for sale got the hole lot

aem ecu

aem 3.5 bar map

boost solenoid

hks dli

Only done 1000 miles top and was all brand new gear yours for £1100 delivered .

Nice setup... might be an idea to get some experience driving the Supra fast at BPU levels before going single though. It's a fairly big jump. Your platinum card must be almost worn out now.

I've owned the supra for nearly 4 years now, It was a proven 400bhp car at JAE 3 years ago, last year i havent been driving it pretty much at all but I'm no stranger to speed. I have no debt either but thanks for the concern ;)

I've owned the supra for nearly 4 years now, It was a proven 400bhp car at JAE 3 years ago, last year i havent been driving it pretty much at all but I'm no stranger to speed. I have no debt either but thanks for the concern ;)

My concern was based around you crashing actually, not your debt situation. Maybe it was proven 400bhp but you couldn't handle that, could you? ;)

Christ... Ide have had to have had the Lambo, BUT that is one hell of a Supra,

is the engine bay painted? Might as well go to town on the engine too.. SHame not to if its all out..

I would have too but its been 4 years of spending and i doubt i'd get the trade in value either!! :D

Its not no but it has had all the visible bits sprayed Matt black and it looks great. Next step is a complete leather re-trim including dash and a pillars etc to finish her off :)

Cheers for the compliments JODY :)

It will be a totally different car when it comes out of Michels!!!!! He's a top man when it comes to turning these cars out!

He has done yours mate :) proof is in the pudding as they say. Cant wait! remember to give me a shout when we're going up! ;)

Very nice mate but i would not bother with the aem as that's what I'm running at the moment and it dose not control the auto box very well . So i'm going for the greddy emu now so i can keep the stock ecu to look after the auto as it's meant to ,

But if your adamant on going with the aem mine will be for sale got the hole lot

aem ecu

aem 3.5 bar map

boost solenoid

hks dli

I'm purely going from Michels advise and i'm going to stick with it as he knows his stuff. Not sure what the score is with parts but i believe Michel has started ordering already. Thanks for the offer though :)

aem ecu

aem 3.5 bar map

boost solenoid

hks dli

Which one?

Also are you going manual? if not id reconsider the AEM ecu, Bolabag has a Motec for sale or just go with EMU for nice autobox gear changes.

Really? I'm surprised at that tbh! I had a EMU before my AEM and AEM transformed the drive! The shift characteristic are far better and mine seems to blip the throttle on the down change :cool: I suppose it comes down to the mapper though ;)

Really? I'm surprised at that tbh! I had a EMU before my AEM and AEM transformed the drive! The shift characteristic are far better and mine seems to blip the throttle on the down change :cool: I suppose it comes down to the mapper though ;)

TBH ive never been in a Ryan Mapped AEM on autobox (only DanT) and he may have it sussed now.

Ive been in some AEMed AUtos and have to say that it jerks in gear and isnt the nicest on the move.. They kept saying the new firmware would sort it but ive never noticed a change..

Hopefully Michel has a plan, as i see that car as a fast 'Cruser' so gear changes, whist going slow ide think would be important..

Unless Michel is going to use the AEM for the Engine and the OEM for the Box... That would change everything :)