The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA Idling...

Suprash

Does your NA idles at 2,000rpm on cold start up.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Does your NA idles at 2,000rpm on cold start up.

• Yes, my car does idle at 2,000rpm on cold start.
    • No, my car doesnt (please specify in thread if something different).

Right, over in the Tech section I have been asking about the idle on the NA's as I thought ours was rev'ing a bit high on cold start. It idles at 2,000rpm, where as my TT idles at 1,200rpm.

So to all you NA's out there, come forward and vote, Im hoping this wont be the shortes vote in history due to NA numbers.

:conf: :innocent: ;) :D :cool:

Originally posted by Darren Blake

Mine is bog-stock and it revs up as high as 2000 on a cold start.

Unless my three-spokes are affecting it somehow. :innocent:

PMSL Darren, well that blows the theory out that it might have been something to do with induction/zorst. Guess Toyota had always intend for the NA's to rev just below or on 2,000rmp on a cold start.

So to my next question, can this be adjusted on the NA ?????

And Darren, 3 spoke, dude, your asking for a whiping http://www.shaunssite.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/smile_whip.gif

Originally posted by Ashley Willis

PMSL Darren, well that blows the theory out that it might have been something to do with induction/zorst. Guess Toyota had always intend for the NA's to rev just below or on 2,000rmp on a cold start.

So to my next question, can this be adjusted on the NA ?????

[/img]

Leave the poor car alone, its doing its best to be all loud and lovely and you want to calm it down!:twak:

Sorry Adam, only just read this properly, why do you not agree on the voting :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Just thought it seemed odd that so many N/A's idle at 2000 on cold start. Seems a tad too high. Mine idle's around 1500/1600

Originally posted by #1 Adam

Just thought it seemed odd that so many N/A's idle at 2000 on cold start. Seems a tad too high. Mine idle's around 1500/1600

I agree it seems to high, but you said you dont agree on the voting :confused: :confused:

It may seem high but this is obviously as Toyota intended.......

I have a hyper on my TT, would like to know what it sounds like on the NA !!!! :innocent:

It sounds like this...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJEEESSSUUUUSSSFFUUKKKIIIINNNNCCCCHHHHRRRRRIIIISSSSSTTTTTTIIITSSSSSSSIIXXXIIINNNTTTHHHEEEEMMOOORRNNIIINGGGYYOOOOUUU INCONSIDERATE BBBBAAASSSSSSTTTTTTTAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDDD

Originally posted by Rob

It sounds like this...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHJEEESSSUUUUSSSFFUUKKKIIIINNNNCCCCHHHHRRRRRIIIISSSSSTTTTTTIIITSSSSSSSIIXXXIIINNNTTTHHHEEEEMMOOORRNNIIINGGGYYOOOOUUU INCONSIDERATE BBBBAAASSSSSSTTTTTTTAAAARRRRRRRDDDDDDD

http://www.shaunssite.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/new_rofl.gif

http://www.shaunssite.co.uk/forum/images/smiles/new_rofl.gif

I agree it seems to high, but you said you dont agree on the voting :confused: :confused:

It may seem high but this is obviously as Toyota intended.......

I was just thinking that this can't be normal! People must be voting wrong or something :baa: