The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Buying a supra turbo

Guest wantedsupra

Guest wantedsupra

Im looking at buying a turbo rather than an N/A.

Firstly, what is the difference in 0-60 and top speeds between the two?

What should i pay for a good one (turbo)?

Do i choose manual over Auto?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do a search most of these questions have been asked plenty of times.

Have you ever driven a rwd car before? if not then the tt is gonna be a bit of a handful till you get used to it. However both the n/a and the turbo can catch you out when you least expect it.

In my opinion (bias, never drove a auto) would say go for the manual.

where about in yorkshire you from?

Guest wantedsupra
7-10k for a manual TT. About a second difference in the 0-60. Low 5's I think for the TT.

Autobox is far more common and is very good. Obviously, whatever you prefer. :)

oh, i was under the impression that the n/a's were 0-60 in 6.5 and the turbos in the late 4's. Hmmm. What about top speed?

thank you for the reply

oh, i was under the impression that the n/a's were 0-60 in 6.5 and the turbos in the late 4's. Hmmm. What about top speed?

thank you for the reply

Very high. The manual has the legs over the auto. Auto is 4 speed.

165-175 at a guess. Not far off though.

Some single cars are getting 200+.

The car is heavy. Hence slightly slower 0-60.

If you get one, never skimp on tyres. RWD is nothing to mess with. A lot of people will get the n/a then move on. However I am always of the opinion that the car will only be as fast as your foot tells it to be. Keep everything smooth and you shouldn't get too many surprises. :)

i just hope that they are as quick as i first though. at the moment they dont seem to be. i was hoping for 180mph and 0-60 in the 4's.

Get your @rse off your couch and behind the wheel of one and find out for yourself. I can assure you, you will be anything but disappointed. Fair enough they are getting on a bit but they still out-perform 9/10* cars on the road.

*Possible exaggeration.

Guest wantedsupra
:rolleyes:

150 isn't fast enough?

well i have hit just shy of 170mph in my calibra turbo. I had to use gps as it was completely of the clock.

obviously getting to them speeds, you need the right area etc.

Im more interested in acceleration really. My calibra is getting from 0-60 in 5.1 and has been dynoed at 300bhp.

how quick are supra tt's to 100mph?

well i have hit just shy of 170mph in my calibra turbo. I had to use gps as it was completely of the clock.

Im more interested in acceleration really. My calibra is getting from 0-60 in 5.1 and has been dynoed at 300bhp.

Perhaps go for another Calibra Turbo- sounds well quick man.

Im looking at buying a turbo rather than an N/A.

Firstly, what is the difference in 0-60 and top speeds between the two?

What should i pay for a good one (turbo)?

Do i choose manual over Auto?

your help would be greatly appreciated.

You're welcome to a no-obligation drive in mine mate - its a UK spec TT thats going on the market on Monday - it will give you a good idea of what a well fettled car feels like!

i bet the calibra turbo is quick yes, but i carnt see it touching the supra, the torque of the supra will just pull away from the calibra no problem, on an open road it would bye-bye vauxhall, and if it was a bpu supra you were up against then i wouldint even bother, youd just look a fool.:tongue:

Well looks as though another Chav Supra owner then!!!!!!!

Why do people ask such stupid questions - do a simple search and find out the times yourself C&D said 0-60 in 4.6 and the Toyota Book says 0-60 in 4.9 and 155 restricted, with possible 180mph delimited.

In other words it will rape a Calibre and be a move upwards

Well looks as though another Chav Supra owner then!!!!!!!

Why do people ask such stupid questions - do a simple search and find out the times yourself C&D said 0-60 in 4.6 and the Toyota Book says 0-60 in 4.9 and 155 restricted, with possible 180mph delimited.

In other words it will rape a Calibre and be a move upwards

:yeahthat: