The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cant beleive it!

Supra ST Myster

Parked the supra on the road to pop in a mates, talking to him outside and smash, turn round, twat has hit my wheel, and hes gone down the road 100metres and pulled up, called the police as he was speeding and there was a bike involved, we think they were racing but he says he was trying to avoid the bike and you can see how long it took to stop!

My car was parked all fine and legal so no problems there!

Wheel is knackerd, top and bottom wish bones are bent, steering rack has been ripped off from the chassis and is leaking a bit, and hub has been broken off so it just flops around!

On the suspension arm is bent.

Bumper has a slight scuff and wing has a small dent, not too bad

He's only third party and he had a crappy fiesta so i reckon that they will write my car off to be honest as its onle a facelift N/A so is it best to ring him first and say give me x amount and doesnt have to go through insurance, as know point him going to insurance as only third party, and if i do it they will only write it off??

thoughts?

1.jpg

#.jpg

100_05195.jpg

100_30508.jpg

100_50505.jpg

102230_0509.jpg

100_051553.jpg

100_050546.jpg

100_02515.jpg

1002_0516.jpg

Edited by Supra ST Myster (see edit history)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CoolsBlue

we all know its going to get written of from what you said, if i were you, id just leave the insurace and have my car fixed with new/used parts, its going to get written of if you go through insurance...

Shop around and get prices on some second hand salvaged parts if the insurance are leaning towards writting it off. And if you're happy repairing it yourself then do that, just get them to buy the parts. I'm sure you can come to some arrangement with them.

Obviously only do this if they don't want to repair it.