The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I need rear rubber - are these good prices?

roboldham

OOh - Rossos!

What's the low-down on these compared to the Zeros?

I love they way they get super grippy when they nice and warm - has anyone else DRIVEN (like, urm, hard) the Rossos?

I don't know much about them but would be prepared to try if they have got a good rep.

R

[edit] PS What they like in the wet?

PPS. I have the Asymetrico tyres front and back right now.

rob - i;m in kinda the same boat myself as i need to get some new tyres. i currently have the pZero Rossos and cannot complain about the grip in either the wet or dry.

i WAS looking for michelin pilot sport cup tyres but they are waaayyy too expensive so thought of going with the goodyears as a few on here have them and rave about them.

i bought my pirelli's from micheldever (245/35/18 x 2 and 285/30/18 x 2) for around 700 quid if i recall correctly in march last year.

Originally posted by roboldham

Continental Sport Contact (never heard of em) - £137 + VAT ea

I had Continental ContiSportContacts on my MK3 Supra.. 225x40x17 on all four wheels, they were absolutely fantastic. I considered putting them on the MKIV until I realised that they weren't anywhere near wide enough :) My experiences with them were very good, though (made the MK3 handle like I felt the MK4 did, however the tyres they replaced WERE bald so my judgement may be a little bit skewed).

The prices all sound about right, though.. gotta get myself some new rear rubber very soon, apparently I'm down to the wear indicators... doh.

-p

From what i've gathered from my recent searching ( here ) the compound is of far greater importance than the width of a tyre after all the main point of the link and scooby thread is to get over the point that the contact patch is the same regardless of tyre width.

IMO the Michelin Pilot sport Cups Roy mentions , in smaller sizes ie stock 17 235 and 255, would out perform the standard road tyres in any 'wideboy' size.