The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1/4 mile Drag times and Speeds

Sumo Power

Hi all.

I know there is another thread about this as I searched and found it however it goes off the rails a bit and is confusing/ dont know if the times are upto date.

What is the fastest Supra in the UK for :-

Top Speed

1/4 Mile

0-60mph

Also, who has the most power dyno proven and how much power is it at the wheels?

Would like to know as we will now be building a Sumo Supra for this year and this info would be interesting to see.

We have neglected Supra's for too long even though we cater for them extensively ( due to producing the R34 GTR ), this year it will change, hope to meet a few of you guys this year

Roll on Santa Pod:innocent:

Good to have you aboard Dirky, I remember you commenting fondly on the Supra you used to have in a thread over on the GTR board. Stood out as it made a change that it was a skyline owner talking about Supra's without slagging them off! ;)

Look forward to seeing the new demo car. Have to say we seriously need drag radials/slicks to get some decent traction, any chance of Sumo selling em? ;)

Hi,

Yes, I have lots of respect for the Supra, sounds cheesy coming on here and saying so but I think there is a thread somewhere on the GTR forum where I say the same thing, I had a TT JZA80 about 4+ years ago and I can honestly say that it was the best car I have ever owned, it flew, it looked nice and it was reliable. The only things I ever bought for it were rear tyres and service items, the most confortable thing to drive long distance thats for sure. Obviously its not a GTR and they shouldnt be compared, both are different in their own right and for thier own reasons.

Drag Radials, we do sell them my friend, even though no one had ever seen them on my GTR, I have 15'' drag slicks for my R34. Never used them, didnt need to although it is a shame when I consider the time and research I had to do to source them, not forgetting the money they cost, not cheap:(

Basics for our Supra ( as soon as I find one ) will be HKS and Do-Luck ;)

Its going to be much fun this year if we can act quickly to purchase a Supra.

Originally posted by Sumo Power

Drag Radials, we do sell them my friend, even though no one had ever seen them on my GTR, I have 15'' drag slicks for my R34. Never used them, didnt need to although it is a shame when I consider the time and research I had to do to source them, not forgetting the money they cost, not cheap:(

Just out of interest how much we talking for some 275/17/40 size? What make?

Questions questions!

Mig, how are you, you still got it have you? If it were 6 Speed I would be round like a shot to buy it back, Need a manual one :(

Tyres, those sizes dont mean anything when talking about drag radials, they go in inches of rolling diameter etc, you would have to get me to look into it further for you, it depends on various measurements on the car also, ie ride height etc, all these things are important due to the changes in shape the tyres have under load etc, tyre costs as an estimation would be around £300 per tyre, the special wheels required would be around £450 per rim, if this cost is acceptable to you, lets get you some ordered :)

Originally posted by Thorin

Just out of interest how much we talking for some 275/17/40 size? What make?

I can get you BF Goodrich Drag Radials in the correct size to fit on 17" supra rear wheels , i have some ready to go and will be hopefully roadtesting them soon before fitting the single and the NOS, They were mid £400 roughly !!

Dude

No Drag radials , street legal but not a lot of tread , quick warming and middle softness so only need a short burnout (you do have a line lock ???) and that was per pair , if we can sell over 5 pairs the price comes down a lot i think it was £350 ish , i'll report on traction very soon as im off to the pod on a testing mission !!!!;)

Dude:flame Dev

Yup still got it :D Got to stick with the auto as you know (meant to be quicker in auto on the 1/4 anyhows, Well all the boys in the states are running 9's on autos.) Anyways why are you asking if i still got it ive been bagering you for parts for lomg enough....he he:conf:

Originally posted by migster

Yup still got it :D Got to stick with the auto as you know (meant to be quicker in auto on the 1/4 anyhows, Well all the boys in the states are running 9's on autos.) Anyways why are you asking if i still got it ive been bagering you for parts for lomg enough....he he:conf:

Hey Mig,

Some of em are running 7s ;)

Gaz.

welcome to supra board, the drag times get updated when people get new times. wont be long before it all starts up again and we see some better times. leons seems to be the fastest. not many big power cars like there is with skylines.

the BFG seem to get good write ups and they say they the grippiest but wear out fast. did not know but there is 2 types

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A Drag Radial

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bf_gforce_drag.jpg

BFGoodrich Comp T/A Drag Radial

http://www.tirerack.com/images/tires/bfg/bf_comp_ta_drag_radial.jpg

been quoted $160 per tyre and $159 for shipping each tyre GULP

thats for 275x40x17

drag wheels they use are Bogart Racing Wheels in 16x10.5 $298 per rim or some use CCW rims