The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra on Rollers

_Shane_

i doubt that will be at the wheels, if it is it would be seriously seriously impressive:)

With hybrids and water injection at 1.3 bar, thought it may be a little more than that. Saw a BPU Jspec reach 400 on just decat, fuel cut, retrictor ring etc and no water inj. down at AFR on sunday, I think. But hay Im new to this dyno malarcy :blink:

Edit: it was monkey3's

As long as your happy shane, well done :thumbs:

Edited by CarlT67 (see edit history)

Saw a BPU Jspec reach 400 on just decat, fuel cut, retrictor ring etc down at AFR on sunday, I think. But hay Im new to this dyno malarcy :blink:

Yeh mine reached Just over 400 on 1.1 Bar at Surrey Rolling Road. But was then bumped up to 432 BHP with the help of the Emanage tuned by Ryan.G.

Still a good figure Shane.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this another dyno Joke? :D The rpm's decrease during a run yet gain more power - impossible.

That’s just ridiculous Shane, get your money back. Either your supra is completely buggered and is capable of reversing the space time continuum; or the dyno operator doesn't know what they're doing.

I’m going with the 2nd option…

Is this another dyno Joke? :D The rpm's decrease during a run yet gain more power - impossible.

That’s just ridiculous Shane, get your money back. Either your supra is completely buggered and is capable of reversing the space time continuum; or the dyno operator doesn't know what they're doing.

I’m going with the 2nd option…

Is this the part you are talking about Homer? (Just making sure I understand :innocent:)

DSC02123.jpg

That is exactly what Homer is on about. It is not possible. Something is very weird. A dyno sheet shouldnt look like that.

Take a look at a BPU dyno here:

http://onh93a.blu.livefilestore.com/y1ptlbM13zlL9Qo_V6fZ5S1Xo__HgJVnfygInSe1rArWaWFQea0pnbn2fryceVe9MJb53wTe_TNkFE/DynoDecat.jpg

Or another version here (look at the two middle curves here, which are wheel-bhp, which again is what all dynes measure and then calculate the flywheel bhps):

http://onh93a.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pkEHaT_SsN46qUKcPzhqBaIYwp4SFnW8vTPpRjMPwFgp0JxnAOiuNcrRkUw6A-30QLWrP9p8Pdvc/image1.jpg

Is this the part you are talking about Homer? (Just making sure I understand :innocent:)

Yep, thats one part that shows something that's impossible. The massive hike in torque at that point is equally impossible. The rest of the graph after that point can't be correct either, otherwise your engine is buggered. It should show a steady increase in torque to around 5k rpm then a slight drop off until red line; while the bhp increases until a slight drop off after 6-6.2k rpm.

It'll be the dyno operator not knowing what they're doing, possibly combined with a boost issue. However my money is on the dyno operator not knowing how to use their dyno correctly.

The first picture Bodilx6 posted is what a normal TT dyno should look like.

Guest pitstopralph

Running the risk of upsetting you all again, I was passing and saw the discussion, delete this if it's rubbish but I reckon if

Torque = Horsepower x 5252 / rpm

When power graphs show Horsepower and Torque in foot Pounds on the same axis, the lines must cross at 5252 RPM

If not the graph is wrong!

Amazing how many are!

This graph would seem to show a car either hopping up and down in the Rollers, having the tyres break away or the clutch slipping.

Im getting wheel spin on the rollers at about the point the 2nd turbo comes on song .... thus increasing rpm while not applying the same power to the rollers, then she re-establishes grip , rpms drop and more power is delivered to the rollers ....

only logical explanation i can come up with anyway , other than them hybrid turbos have a flux capacitor in em

Guest pitstopralph

Yep, that was about my take on it!

Homer was right though, it looks as though the operator was to blame, it appears as though has let the load off the rollers to establish horsepower rather than pulling the motor down, much less likely to get wheel spin that way.

If you use them again, get them to spray white grease on the rollers, that'll make the tyres stick better once hot.

Running the risk of upsetting you all again, I was passing and saw the discussion, delete this if it's rubbish but I reckon if

Torque = Horsepower x 5252 / rpm

When power graphs show Horsepower and Torque in foot Pounds on the same axis, the lines must cross at 5252 RPM

You are correct fella :)