The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I got lucky...

SilverSoop

Hi all, after i recently quit my job as it was utter rubbish, i was offered an interview in Essex. So as i went up there, i was due to get off at Junc 26

and head for waltham abbey.

All of a sudden while i was on the M25, i felt like a strong gust of wind hit me and then i felt a thud - thud - thud noise...hmm...sounds like a puncture...:(

A van overtook me and shouted out that i had a puncture, i was already pulling over anyway but was nice that someone let me know.

I jacked the Supe up and tried to undo the wheel.

I couldnt as it had been torqued up as she has recently been serviced.

Luckily, the was the orange SOS phone literally about 100 yards. I got hold of the guy on the phone who called somebody to come out to me within 20 minutes.

It was already 1:30 pm...oh no, im going to miss the interview i thought.

The highways agency turned up minutes later who told me to move the Supe as she was dangerously close to the edge!

I sat in the passenger side for a moment as the guy let me use his phone to call the place where i was getting interviewed which was nice of him.

Forgetting how close to the railings i was, i opened the door and hit the railings hard!

I took the paint clean off the side of the door! Grrrr...:rolleyes:

The breakdown guy eventually got here and got the bloody wheel off and i was amazed at what i found...the whole inside off the tyre had split wide open,

i mean you could put all your fingers through the hole, and the split and the hole went almost completely all the way around the inside of the tyre -

it was the nearside rear which had blown.

It was amazing the the car pretty much stayed in a straight line considering how badly damaged the tyre was - F1 style!

Because i was in a rush to get going, i shoved the wheel in the back only pulling a bit of the plastic off near the roof of the Supe free from the clips!

Oh No! :(

I eventually got there after getting lost but i scraped the exhaust over lots of high speed bumps aswell! What else i thought?!

It turns out that the job isnt what i thought it was, and completely wasted my time and money.

The worst thing of all was having to go 50mph and 87 miles to get home!

It was a bad day but luckily the Supe is ok and im still alive as that could have been very nasty! :(

Bloody hell, not your day that really was it? Could have indeed been alot worse by the sounds of things though so you can take some heart by that. Fair play to the supe for handling what must have been quite a blow out. A shame about the job but hopefully you'll get something soon mate. Im sure you'll get the little things sorted on the supe that you did today:)

mate, i passed you on tha m25 today as u were walking to the SOS box, wearing a pinkish shirt? left side of the car puncture wasnt it? was with my mate, and was like, thats a beauty of a supra with white rims and a nice bumper. wanted to lend a hand but was in a rush to drop off a mate.

glad to hear your car is ok and rather random aswell.. lol

med

Thanks guys, i was shocked at that tyre, i took a pic of it on my camera phone but if i could show you all i would!

The bottom of the tyre had come off of the alloy wheel and from the inside of the tyre, you could put your whole hand through it and rest your hand on the alloy.

The hole WAS that big.

The breakdown guy thinks that a piece of metal struck the tyre and ripped it to shreads! :(

Im just glad she stayed in a straight line, i had two trucks both sides of me, so if she did go sideways or into a spin, i dread to think what would of happened!

As for the job, they forgot to tell me valuble things on the phone so tbh, i had high hopes until they told me that it was self employed and i have to drive to Essex EVERY MONTH to collect my cheque - yes not payslip - CHEQUE!! :blink:

Edited by SilverSoop (see edit history)

mate, i passed you on tha m25 today as u were walking to the SOS box, wearing a pinkish shirt? left side of the car puncture wasnt it? was with my mate, and was like, thats a beauty of a supra with white rims and a nice bumper. wanted to lend a hand but was in a rush to drop off a mate.

glad to hear your car is ok and rather random aswell.. lol

med

Hi matey yeh that was me and my Supe but i was wearing a white shirt, who knows, maybe it was the sun lol...:D ;)

No worries Med, im just glad that the Supe is still in one piece!

Just got to get a new tyre tomorrow, £165 + :(

Be positive mate - things can only get better - life has a way of being S**T and then suddenly you land on your feet - optimism is the key I say - Well this is what I say as I thinking work is crap, life is crap and why dont i earn £100,000k per annum:d

Haha, yeh very true, i have had a raw deal with life recently, i have just had my cat die, the CSA on my back and now have to give them money i dont have,

i was coming back from the USA when my flight was cancelled while i was on the plane, yes i was flying with XL! :(

I then had my supe serviced but has started having issues and now this...:rolleyes:

Oh well...i'll feel alot better when i win the lottery! :D

Christ Shane - if you didn't have bad luck you wouldn't have any at all. :(

I think i jinxed myself while i was on holiday. I got into a discussion about reliability, i said to the GF,

"you dont see Supra's off the road, mine never has problem's does it??"

I dont think i should have said that! :D

I'll show you the pic of my tyre on Sunday Ken...:)

Exactly, thats how i look at it Gav...:D ;)

I had one of those moments a few years back on the M4 by junction 8/9, pottering along in the outside lane doing around 75 in rush hour, when some dozzy bint who was parallel with me at the time just moved into my lane. Moved over and hit the anchors..two wheels on tarmac, two wheels on gravel..no ABS...car flicked round, as I did a nice 720 across three lanes and down the embankment into a hedge backwards all the way up to the wing mirrors. Not a bit of damage to the car apart from some green marks from the bush. :). Put it back into 1st and drove out the bush and back on to the m4, pulled onto the hard shoulder and did a quick check. Some bloke came running down from a bit up to check I was okay and was very suprised to see me calmly stood there lighting up (I was well past the 'oh my feck what happened stage') I do remember looking out the passenger window at the front of a lorry which was about 4m away from the passenger door. Large scotch that night when I got home. :blink:

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

I had one of those moments a few years back on the M4 by junction 8/9, pottering along in the outside lane doing around 75 in rush hour, when some dozzy bint who was parallel with me at the time just moved into my lane. Moved over and hit the anchors..two wheels on tarmac, two wheels on gravel..no ABS...car flicked round, as I did a nice 720 across three lanes and down the embankment into a hedge backwards all the way up to the wing mirrors. Not a bit of damage to the car apart from some green marks from the bush. :) I do remember looking out the passenger window at the front of an lorry which was about 4m away from the passenger door. Large scotch that night when I got home. :blink:

Christ Gav! Brown trouser moment! :blink:

I know it's a bit late but glad you are ok...:)

It's amazing really, when things happen to the car or wheels, you expect to see alot of damage. Tbh, i expected the alloy to be well and truly b*ggered, luckily,

it is absoulutely fine!

Touch wood...:D