The mkiv Supra Owners Club

She's Comming along now

mashhead

Hello Guys,

As you know I am new to the supra world. After having just taken delivery of my new supe in August, I stacked it into a barrier on the A308 slip road from the portway industrial estate, in Andover going towards m3 London after literally 2 days.

As you can expect, I was absolutely GUTTED but hey ho...Its just one of those things, got the car recovered from my insurance company, but as I was only on third party cover at the time, I have to foot the bill on recovery and repairs myself.

Turns out that in fact I had done quite allot of damage to the car. I took out all three alloy wheels, the front bumper, the blitz intercooler, the engine fan and cowling, the drivers wing and broke the backbone of the bonnet, bent the front engine chassis leg, smashed both headlights and naffed up the bumper bar, upper slam panel, and basically moved the whole front of the car around 22mm left ways...

It went over to the good guys at millway, and they suggested that it goes on a jig, round the corner at BP rolls. So off it went, to Duncan at BP and I have to say I am very very happy with the quality of work. They pulled the chassis back to original spec, pulled the front chassis legs back into spec, cut the crushed leg out, and welded a whole new section back in, put new bumper bar on, new slam panel, ordered me new fan, cowling, put new wing on. I took down a second hand bonnet that cost £38, Bumper £80 and second hand and rather scruffy, but will do for now JDM headlights for £70 each, I will replace these with new items at a later date. Went there on Tuesday as they had finished to pay my £1570 odd bill, and to be honest I am dead chuffed.

Took the car back to millway, and they are going to start on the finishing of the car (painting etc) and I met the paint sprayer guy and he seems REALLY particular and knows his stuff, and is a stickler for perfectionism, and he said that BP had done a 100% 1st class job on the chassis and he is confident now that when he works his magic its not going to go to waist on a bent car...lol He said that its probably straighter than when it left the factory now....good to know.

Also as you know I had been asking allot of questions about Tokyo express, well, that’s all sorted now, I have the correct wheels, and it all looks like it coming together at last...

here are some pics....

Only thing left that is suspect is the drivers wheel bearing hub carrier and suspension arms, which millway should sort out ok for me, but looks ok and there isn’t any obvious signs of bending or damage. So fingers crossed eh? The hub may need replacing at most, but im hoping that’s it.lol

All other engine parts, like the radiator, air con condenser oil cooler etc are fine, so bit lucky there that the intercooler took the brunt of the damage, although a replacement one wasn’t cheap…oh my

glad it's coming together dude. Millway will do you right :)

Yeah thanks mate, I am really pleased with millway actually. They have been 100% profesional about the whole thing, and very patient with me LOL :D

Hopefully i might get t he car back by the end of September, but hey its no rush, im confident they know what they are doing, and pleased that progress is now being made. Although its been a costly misake, the whole experience has been...err interesting and actually quite fun..kinda nice having to find exuses to take the day off work to tinker with the supe....

The thing is when its done, what am i going to do next? hmmm mayne ill crash the Saab 900 turbo also, just for the hell of it..

Haha awsome idea:D

Is it going to stay in the stock colour?

Yeah, to be honest I know the general consensus is that silver is now looking a bit dated, but I just want it back how I bought it before i start changing it again :D Havnt ad it five mins, only done like 80 miles in it so far... altough the new buddlyclubs are now 19inch ones, and black instead of gunmetal...but i think that will look damn sexy.

I do need to get hold of a trial splitter though, me bro posted somefink up on here on my behalf before I started posting myself and I cant find anyone that does them.

:blink:

• 4 weeks later...