The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Change colour?

alaing

OK so i became a supra owner in may, a tt aerotop! She was in a bit of a state but all the basic parts were there. For the bargain price of 2k she was mine and not the dodgey north london garage's any

more.

She needed ALOT of work BUT on the way to me they lost the roof section on the M11?!?! (yeh i couldnt believe it either). I thought it would be impossible to find an other but lucky a member on here came to my rescue.(Sorry i dont remember your user name[OOPS][/OOPS]) It was damaged but repairable.

The heater matrix was gone to so i went about changing that on a fri eve, bit of a mission but got it done!

I then decided how i wanted it to look i went for this:

Not to everyones taste i know but each to their own i say.

I resently got fed up at work and quit and am now building this supra full time! Its alot of work with all the blending and what not but will be worth it at the end of the day. Here a few pics :

I am now at the stage where i have to start putting colour on her so what do i do?

Keep it silver OR go for somthing else? Ideas please....:)

Wow, thats some impressive work gone into it! Whats the story behind the car, is it an accident repair?

If I were you I'd definetly take the opurtunity to change the colour, the stock silver is a little dated IMO.

A modern metallic dray grey looks superb on the supra (see Aston and Lambo grey colours). Someone here recently did one in Lambo Avalon (sp), it just made the car look far more modern.

Funny you say that was thinking a gun metal grey.

Yeh it was damaged but not to bad. No chassis damage so thats ok.

Its a lot of work but i should be able to bring it in sub 4k and thats bpu so not a bad price to pay for a aerotop tt which is what i wanted really.

What, you mean you're not gonna paint it bright orange and stick some graphics down the side then go race Ferraris?! :D

Oh wait... You're story and build reminds me of another rescued aerotop Supe! :p

On a serious not, excellent work so far! I think the gun metal colour would set it off a treat! :cool: