The mkiv Supra Owners Club

am i ever going to get it back?

supraspeed

the supes been in the shop now 5 months and every day something new crops up i need to get or needs to be fixed. was supposed to get it back 2 weeks ago but the indicators went "missing" so had to get new ones. then one of the wheels i bought had a different stud patten so took a while to replace it. i needed a new relay switch last week. then told it would be ready monday...then tues...then today...and now ive been told it was ready until someone scratched the rear bumper with a wheelbarrow!!?? they said it would be ready to take home on friday but i'm sure something will go wrong. apparantly the paint was a lot more expensive than first quoted so now i'm left with a bill which is gonna rinse me dry! now i can't afford to get RLTC or a decent alarm on it for ages- plus sorting out the mapping was first on my list but now its all gonna have to wait...I'm so fu**ing angry!!!:bang:

For things like the indicators going 'missing' etc, I'd let them pay for all of that as they were on the car when you took it in! If they lose/break/eat them, they should pay for it!

Otherwise, what's to stop them saying 'sorry, we knackered your tubbies on a test drive, you need new ones'. Then they sell yours!

Unlikely to happen I know, but there is a point in there somewhere

They are duty bound to tell you before any work starts if its going to cost more than originally quoted for - they can't just crack on and then charge you double. Go down there and see what the hell is going on - sounds like they're trying to fleece you. Read the Consumer Credit Act and be prepared to be tough on them - they're basically robbing you just without sneaking into your house whilst you're asleep!

result! just spoke to the owner of the place whos just come back off holiday for 4 weeks and i explained what had happened. i know the owner well anyway so he was really sympathetic and thought he'd make an example out of my car to his staff (as he was originally doing the main works to the car before he went away). He straight away decided to knock off £300 for the extra waiting time, took off £200 for the indicators and a few other small parts. then after having a blistering row with his staff over it he knocked off another £500 because i said i was going to pay him in cash lol. All in all a rather successful telephone call.... i pick it up tomorrow afternoon so i'l have the pics up soon. i can't wait!