The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Muffleman.....

Suprash

I want you, I need you..........:innocent::taped::D Not really, well I do but not in that way ;)

Now I have my Supra back from GVN (thanks to your fuel pump), I need some work done. I desperately need my valve stem oil seals doing and thinking while you have the head off, doing it properly of course lol ;) it might be worth getting the head overhauled at the same time, excuse my ignorance here, but from what I remember from another garage when they quoted me, new shims, things re-seated etc.

The head has never been taken off as far as Im aware, certainly not in the time I have owned her (7 years), and she has now broke the 100,000 mark, so thought it might be a good idea.

She was dyno'd at 380rhhp a while ago, I can tell she is down on that, not as lively as she used be, but another garage said that if my valve stem seals have been leaking for a while then obviously the cylinders/pistons would coke up and this can affect performace ?

Ontop of that I would like a full check over her, as I said valve stem seals and head overhaul, and then to get back to her peak power that we can make. If needed a new intercooler/water injection could be purchased along the way as Im aware Im wanting to push my Hyrbids to the max I can squeeze out of them. She is a VVT-i so I dont know if that helps or hinders you ?

Let me know your thoughts initially, no need to go into detail as I thought if you're about Friday through the day I might swing past your place ;)

Ash

Feck off Michel, I dont give a flying ecklefeck what you think of my spending power.......I very rarely use PM's, I first went to look for his trader section but then realised he doesnt have one and wasnt going to post in his one thread he has advertising his business, so my next initial thought was to post here. Considering Im doing this very quickly while in work and on the smallest IE window ever so no one see's me on the net I wasnt really thinking how the rest of the world might perseive me or whats the best way to contact him, I just was very quickly. This is a forum, a means of contacting someone, which I have done, am I not allowed to talk to someone via this method then, search my posts you will see I use quite a few FAO: type threads for contacting people.....:rolleyes:

Mods, I'll await my infractions, but pointless comments like this hack me off.............:innocent:

Edited by tDR
colourful language (see edit history)

Feck off Michel, I dont give a flying ecklefeck what you think of my spending power.......I very rarely use PM's, I first went to look for his trader section but then realised he doesnt have one and wasnt going to post in his one thread he has advertising his business, so my next initial thought was to post here. Considering Im doing this very quickly while in work and on the smallest IE window ever so no one see's me on the net I wasnt really thinking how the rest of the world might perseive me or whats the best way to contact him, I just was very quickly. This is a forum, a means of contacting someone, which I have done, am I not allowed to talk to someone via this method then, search my posts you will see I use quite a few FAO: type threads for contacting people.....:rolleyes:

Mods, I'll await my infractions, but pointless comments like this hack me off.............:innocent:

Dont rise to it bud, you gave him the exact reaction he was looking for:D

Edited by tDR
colourful language (see edit history)

Dont rise to it bud, you gave him the exact reaction he was looking for:D

I know, a long day and a long week and pointless posts like that just get to me........;) I only fricking met Matt on Saturday so just wanted to get him thinking about what I should get done......chew the cud etc.......:cool:

That was you stood next to gary by the van wasnt it, before I go down the road of assuming the wrong person ?

Yeah swing by on Friday mate, you me and Gav can go for a burger - the guys that did the catering for the open day are 2mins away and do an awesome chilli sauce. I tried some of their new hot sauce on Tuesday and I'm still blowing smoke rings :D

That sounds like a challenge, nothing is too hot for me ;)

You know, in the past I might have infracted you (ash) and michael but tbh I quite like michael after meeting him and can see his no holds barred approach is useful in some situations. I also enjoyed your direct response :D so I'm just going to edit the colourful language out and let you two ladies continue to swing your handbags at each other :taped:

My words of advice would be as per jamie p - don't rise to it!!!

Cheers,

Brian.

let you two ladies continue to swing your handbags at each other :taped:

Move it to NWS, and let them carry on, funny thing is I like both of them :) (In a non Rob way BTW :))

This thread is far too gay

In summary...

1. 3 blokes meeting up

2. Chilli sauce and smoke rings

3. Swearing

4. Sweating

5. Somebody else getting involved...

Hmmm, Rob may have been right :)

Gives a (w)hole new definition to blowing rings.

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

You know, in the past I might have infracted you (ash) and michael but tbh I quite like michael after meeting him and can see his no holds barred approach is useful in some situations. I also enjoyed your direct response :D so I'm just going to edit the colourful language out and let you two ladies continue to swing your handbags at each other :taped:

Cheers,

Brian.

Mate I dont doubt he isnt a nice chap, Im sure if I ever got to meet him in person my opinion of him would change. I never hold grudges so would always say hello to him if we ever are in the same place. Its just his board persona that sometimes can get to someone, no excuse, but Im tired, this is my 10th 15hr day on the trot and yeah I bit, but its not often I bite in all fairness.

But I take my hat off to you for your mature approach in dealing with this, I was expecting something for the colourful language ;)

Move it to NWS, and let them carry on, funny thing is I like both of them :) (In a non Rob way BTW :))

In summary...

1. 3 blokes meeting up

2. Chilli sauce and smoke rings

3. Swearing

4. Sweating

5. Somebody else getting involved...

Hmmm, Rob may have been right :)

Gives a (w)hole new definition to blowing rings.

There is no fricking way Im blowing your ring Gav ;) Matt's maybe, he might knock something off the bill for paying in kind lol :D

tbh, it could be a useful thread to leave where it is if Matt replies about the necessary work for a Supra with a long in the tooth engine in need of overhaul... :)

Well thats what I was thinking, chew the cud of what can be done on a 100,000 mile overhaul, when his time permits of course ;)

Then prune the bits where Micheal pokes me with a stick and I start throwing my toys about out to tidy it up....;)