The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your opinions please on a bodykit

FuR

hi all

im looking at ordering the veilside c2 body kit from the usa

just wondered what your comments are on this kit

i was looking at getting the vs bumper, side skirts, spats and rear spoiler with a c/f blade if they do it?

cheers!

The Veilside looks awful. If you must cover the car in plastic then either OEM, Top Secret III or the full Do Luck kit would be my preference.

I am surprised you are going for a Veilside kit to be honest :blink:

The kit is very dated now.

I bought my Supe with a full Veilside kit and don't get me wrong, it does look great but it doesnt bring the car into the 21st century.

I am still in the midst of changing the look of my car but have gone for a TRD rear wing, Top Secret skirts and Top Secret III bumper.

I am keeping the rear bumper and Veilside spats on as I am having them blended and will look great.

The choice is yours though..

If you like it, then that is all that counts.

Make your car the way you like it not what everyone else tells you the way it should look.

Edited by Stratty (see edit history)

hiya

i would prefer to make my supra more modern rather than dated so i think you are right about the vs kit

can i ask where you are getting your parts from? are they genuine or copies?

I am surprised you are going for a Veilside kit to be honest :blink:

The kit is very dated now.

I bought my Supe with a full Veilside kit and don't get me wrong, it does look great but it doesnt bring the car into the 21st century.

I am still in the midst of changing the look of my car but have gone for a TRD rear wing, Top Secret skirts and Top Secret II bumper.

I am keeping the rear bumper and Veilside spats on as I am having them blended and will look great.

The choice is yours though..

If you like it, then that is all that counts.

Make your car the way you like it not what everyone else tells you the way it should look.

Better in red. :)

Another favourite, I forget which one this is.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y122/rexmerckx/Toyota3P0orvictoryred.jpg

Thats the TRD Widebody kit.

Looking at £££££ for that plus fitting :p

I love the front bumper though. If i was to get another bodykit on another ar id get that front bumper and the do-luck or ridox front wings :)

I had a veilside kit (C1 front, side skirts, rear pads) on my Supe for almost 5 years. I have changed this august. I kept the Veilside side skirts and went for TS front and Trial rear. I prefer the current look, but I have to admit that I got used to my old Supe-body.

I think the VS kit is still a nice one ... and fitting is very clean and easy (that has to be said :)).

IMO, I prefer the C1 instead of C2 front bumper of VS ... but that's personal.

And don't forget, the Veilside front bumper is about 1 inch lower than the TS one I have on now ... so pay attention to your roads.

How about this kit? A copy of the VS Fortune 03 I know but without the tailgate and the square look to the rear end. Better without the TRD spoiler which doesn't suit the looks of this kit I think:rolleyes:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-supra-s-w-v-coolkit-Style-Body-Kit_W0QQitemZ110286659255QQihZ001QQcategoryZ72207QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262