The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Suprastore US

dangerous brain

Don't you just love the bloody yanks!!!

Actually I sh*t them.

I tried on Sunday night to buy a set of UK set brakes they had listed second hand for much cheapness.

Admittedly I payed with a UK visa card which it transpires they don't take, so they e-mailed me telling me as much and listed a bunch of ways I could pay. They didn't at this point tell me what the shipping charges would be as I had requested.

Tuesday when they finally told me the order was cancelled and why I payed with one of the methods suggested using AMEX and suggested that if that wasn't succesfull to email me with how to go about using paypal instead, oh and again I requested shipping costs.

Wednesday no email I checked the order status cancelled no reason why just cancelled. I re-ordered yet again with a snotty note and paying with paypal. Later on I get an email stating that they don't sell that part and don't know when they will.

the parts they dont sell

They still have my money from paypal and I am awaiting its return (I sent them an even snottier note), but going on their wonderfull customer services dept I am probably going to have a wait on my hands.

Moral of the story suprastore US is f***ing crap don't bother trying to buy from them

You should have had a search on here on Suprastore first! Avoid at all cost. Titan motorsports also seem to be the same company (although they furiously deny it, despite having exactly the same business address and apparently occasionally shipping each others orders out).

Not all US companies are the same though, MVP seem to get favourable reviews and Dusty posts on here occasionally (as V8Killer)

You wont lose your money, you can always dispute the item by writing to your credit card disputes department and they can investigate.

If they ignore visa they will just do a charge back against them so its a pain dealing with such a crap company but your money wont be lost.

This whole we cant accept an English credit card is so annoying anyway, if you went there they would except it, sadly the fraudsters ruin it for everyone.

Yep, I had all sorts of problems with them when I tried to order a liscence plate surround, Im sure some of you will remember, but in the end, long after I had given up, and numerous snotty emails, they sent through 10, I wasnt sure if this was to make a point, or for good customer service, but considering I only have 1 rear plate, I wouldnt need 10. Doesnt matter as US rear plates are a different size, and their bumpers dont have the J-Spec hole, so the're no good, unless your a UK'er, I still have some if anyone wants one.

But the company is an arse :twak:

:blink:

Originally posted by Nick

:blink:

If you know of 10 people that have had hassles and 1 person that hasn't would you use them, or go elsewhere?

Go elsewhere..... :( word of mouth is my best policy.

Edited to say some guys on Supraforums have also been unhappy.

Ans thats there own backyard.....

Funny thing is I only looked at their site as I saw a link to it somewhere in one of the turbo'ing an N/A supra on this forum. From what I can see of them though its their admin that seems to be appalling. The brakes are still advertised as for sale even though they have cancelled my order 3 times and I have gotten arsey with them.

Yeh I've had dealings with Suprastore purchasing my F&F frontend and lighting kit. I've got to say they were a complete nightmare when coming to ship the items out.

I basically did my homework before purchasing (shipping costs, eta on delivery etc) and arranged everything so all I had to do is pay, and then the items would be delivered......well that's what I thought anyway.

After paying Via wire transfer I awaited my confirmation email. I didn't recieve any emails so I mailed them. Again and again. Still no joy. After phoning the them to get it sorted I was told there was no record of the payment and they would look into it :sly:

A day later I phoned again and I was told they are still looking into it and could they have all the details again what i've already given to them 6 times already again.

Eventually after phoning again they tracked my payment and said they would ship the items THAT DAY. So I waited in confidence. :blink:...yeh right

A week later I thought it might be wise to phone again to make sure the items had been sent. To cut a long story short I had to phone a kick up the ass for two more weeks!! Finally I my sprayers recieved them about 6 weeks late.

I should of had my supe back by christmas so you can understand how pissed I feel :devil:

I can sooo understand.

It is appearing more and more obvious that these people really cannot organise a piss-up in a brewery. They have been learning the english language from the dictionary and dont seem to have gotten as far as Administration!!!!

To be sort of fairish they have returned my money with a half arsed excuse. But one question remains in my mind???

Are you allowed to advertise a product and take money for it and then not supply it BY LAW??? I only ask as the muppets are still advertising and taking orders on the very same brake set I have issue with them over! Their pish excuse that they regularly get brake sets in is inexcusable as in this ad they are selling a very specific product ie a singular one only set of second hand brakes see for yourself---

the parts they still dont sell

This is now 5 days after they first cancelled my order and after specifically telling me they didn't have these items in stock!!!

I'm no lawyer but I am sure that this is completely against advertising laws if not downright missleading! Should I successfully order a set of brakes from them would I really get the advertised "only done 20 miles set"???? I seriously doubt it.

All that I need to do now is join and post in an american forum explaining my concerns and see just how popular their business is then.

Originally posted by dangerous brain

Are you allowed to advertise a product and take money for it and then not supply it BY LAW???

Probably not, but the only way you'll find out is to take them through the American courts, as that is where the 'offence' was committed.

Hopefully you will get all your money back so you can just put it down to experience. Your post will have been seen by a lot of people so, with any luck, it will have an impact on their trade.

Dont give up on the UK brakes tho'. They are the best 'mod' you will ever do to the car:)

Originally posted by dangerous brain

I can sooo understand.

To be sort of fairish they have returned my money with a half arsed excuse. But one question remains in my mind???

Ok...I didn't read the whole post

You got your money back, Suprastore have been rubbished on this forum again.

Sounds like the end of the story to me.

Ok, 1st hand experience of Suprastore pretty much confirms what most have said. I have sourced about 90% of my materials through them, only due to the fact I am American and have a little shipping deal to avoid Import Taxes.

I basically spread most of everything across 3 orders. The worst experience was the Apexi S-AFCII, which they claimed was in stock. The common bits were shipped within the week, but the AFC wasnt included. When I phoned them up, they said they were due in the next week. A little frustrated, but hey... 1 week right? Well, 5 weeks later they finally confirm it shipped out to me. Other orders were also broken into different shipments as they arrived in stock to Suprastore varying from 1-3 weeks + delivery time to the UK. Most phone conversations to customer service left me with no answers to ETAs on shipments!

If youre in a hurry to recieve your parts, DO NOT bother with these guys. I only repeated service due to the pricing thats much much cheaper than UK suppliers and my Import Tax evasion scam. :devil:

If youre looking to purchase through a US supplier, go with Dustin at MVP. I cant say I have bought anything from him up to this point, but from our email conversations he clearly is organized tenfold over Suprastore. I will be sourcing through MVP in the future.