The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New wheels

bmxboy

Ok I need new tyres but I'm still running 16's. I've been looking on e-bay and there's a couple of deals for 18's wheels an tyres between 6-700 they look great but seem too good to be true ! Anyone bought any? I must add that I have bought a set for my VW van from one of the company's and it was a sweet deal! BUT! my van does 96 flat out! Not 96 in a few seconds! What do you all think?:search:

ebay wheel.jpg

ebay wheel 2.jpg

Edited by bmxboy
pics (see edit history)

Do you have a link to the wheels on ebay? Remember, you should really be looking for a minimum width of 8.5 on the fronts and 9.5 on the rears. Tyres, 235/40/18 front and 255/35/18 on the back. And offsets as near to 50 as possable:)

Is the price just for the wheels or a wheel and tyre package? A cheaper wheel is likely to be quite heavy and you'll need to keep them clean and protected, especially with winter just around the corner, to help prevent corrosion.

Hope that helps matey:)

WHAT YOU WILL GET IN THIS WHEEL AND TYRE PACKAGE

2 X WOLFRACE SHARKS 8.5X18 ( FRONTS )

2 X WOLFRACE SHARKS 9.5X18 ( REARS )

2 X 235/40/18 PERFORMANCE TYRES ( FRONTS )

2 X 265/35/18 PERFORMANCE TYRES ( REARS )

1 X FULL FITTING KIT

1 X SET OF LOCKING BOLTS

1 X SET OF CHROME VALVE SLEEVES

THE WHEELS SIZE IS

8.5 X 18" 5X114 ET33 FRONTS

9.5 X 18 5X114 ET35 REARS

Thats everything that comes in the deal?

WHAT YOU WILL GET IN THIS WHEEL AND TYRE PACKAGE

2 X WOLFRACE SHARKS 8.5X18 ( FRONTS )

2 X WOLFRACE SHARKS 9.5X18 ( REARS )

2 X 235/40/18 PERFORMANCE TYRES ( FRONTS )

2 X 265/35/18 PERFORMANCE TYRES ( REARS )

1 X FULL FITTING KIT

1 X SET OF LOCKING BOLTS

1 X SET OF CHROME VALVE SLEEVES

THE WHEELS SIZE IS

8.5 X 18" 5X114 ET33 FRONTS

9.5 X 18 5X114 ET35 REARS

Thats everything that comes in the deal?

Easier to link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18%22-ALLOY-WHEELS-TOYOTA-SOARER-SUPRA-+-TYRES_W0QQitemZ140267109013QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20080915?IMSfp=TL080915122004r19827

Doesn't look good for UK brakes either.

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

No brand but for an extra £120 I can have zz3's.

Sizes sound fine to me, most aftermarket wheel offsets are around that. Those are the tyres I had on my 19s and I personally thought they were pretty good but I have an NA so the extra power of a TT my effect that. Falken 452's are highly recomended, contact them and see what deals you can get with certain tyres. There is plenty of info on here on what people recomend, just dont skimp on them:)

On a side note, if you could get yourself £1200 you will get a top quality wheel such as Ultra Lights or Rota's. The traders on here will be able to help you out too:) I think there are some members on here with those Wolfrace wheels and to be fair tey're not bad quality for the price Im told:)