The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wayneys Old Car??

Havard

Hi,

Is there anyone who knows the back ground of this car. It's on auto trader at the moment and I am thinking of going to have a look.;)

I was under the inpression that it had previously had a lot of problems ie valve stem seals, turbos etc.

I think Michel Lane has done some work on it but if anyone else know the car I would like to hear more.:eyebrows:

Thanks

H.

Was Ibrar's when it was single, which was taken out and replaced with a stock engine before it was sold to Wayney about a year ago. It blew something (much later), and was taken to CW via flatbed for a quote on new Jspec turbos or Hybrids. He decided against the latter and had it brought back down south to Michel.

Edited by Ben-san
Timeframe clarity (see edit history)

The paintwork on that car is terrible, the kit dont fit very well either.

Thanks JP. I am not even going to bother looking at it then. It's up in Scotland so it's all day of a job just to have a look. I was worried that there was something ot quite right with the paintwork.

Im going to stick with my thought that you should NA-TT yours Paul, with a respray and maybe a subtle kit:) Just my opinion of course though, but I think you'll end up happy as its been your project:)

It's a massive project though Adam and not to mention expensive........:( I would imagine that a respray & kit would be about 3K, Uprated brakes 2K, TT conversion 2.5K.

As time goes on it seems unlikely that I will keep the Supe and now it looks more likely that I will save up for a while and go 911 Turbo although staying part of the club was one of my major considerations......:blink:

H.

To be fair he may have had the paintwork sorted but last time i saw the car it was very bad.

If you sell up ill have a tenner you come back to a supra within a year or so;)

With your budget id get Jurgen to look for a vey clean low miles facelift car:cool:

Good luck with the search mate:)

To be fair he may have had the paintwork sorted but last time i saw the car it was very bad.

If you sell up ill have a tenner you come back to a supra within a year or so;)

With your budget id get Jurgen to look for a vey clean low miles facelift car:cool:

Good luck with the search mate:)

Thanks mate!

That is part of my problem at the moment. Losing that TRD at the last minute means that I am always comparing to that and to be honest , it was probably a one off......:(

We'll see what happens, but I am not rushig into buying a car that I would consider as "average"!!

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

Thanks JP. I am not even going to bother looking at it then. It's up in Scotland so it's all day of a job just to have a look. I was worried that there was something ot quite right with the paintwork.

It's a massive project though Adam and not to mention expensive........:( I would imagine that a respray & kit would be about 3K, Uprated brakes 2K, TT conversion 2.5K.

As time goes on it seems unlikely that I will keep the Supe and now it looks more likely that I will save up for a while and go 911 Turbo although staying part of the club was one of my major considerations......:blink:

H.

Fair point mate,but certainly something to consider. Maybe talk to your local friendly tuner to see what can be done within your budget:)

Thanks mate!

That is part of my problem at the moment. Losing that TRED at the last minute means that I am always comparing to that and to be honest , it was probably a one off......:(

We'll see what happens, but I am not rushig into buying a car that I would consider as "average"!!

H.

Remember though it is a one off and you are unlikely to be lucky enough to come accroos one again, so dont do your head in thinking about it. It'll kill you:D

You have the right attitude for sure. Patiance is a vertue:d And you may as well speak to Jurgen to see what he can come up with in the mean time:)

I'l leave you alone about it now mate:d

Fair point mate,but certainly something to consider. Maybe talk to your local friendly tuner to see what can be done within your budget:)

Remember though it is a one off and you are unlikely to be lucky enough to come accroos one again, so dont do your head in thinking about it. It'll kill you:D

You have the right attitude for sure. Patiance is a vertue:d And you may as well speak to Jurgen to see what he can come up with in the mean time:)

I'l leave you alone about it now mate:d

Lol. That's why I stayed out of it. :D

I nearly brought this last year before I brought the Do-Luck Supra, I put a holding deposit on it but never got to see the car in the flesh as was having work done on it, it was up for £14.5K but like Jamie said I was told the body work was quite bad the photos used are from some time ago. But that was nearly a year ago I know Wayne spent a fair bit of money getting it ready for the sale and he was good enough to return my deposit because the car required more work than we thought which to my knowledge Wayne got done anyway before the sale. But like I said I never saw or drove the car