The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Chav cars VS Supra etc

supraspeed

I was having a conversation with a few chavs at the bodyshop where my car is being worked on this afternoon and few rather interesting questions arrose...

Basically this one guy about 19 and his mates were saying "whats the difference between "us (chavs) " and other more gracious members of the public with Supras, Skylines etc...anything very fast but with bodykits. I first tried to explain that us lot have fast cars and dont (well most the time) rag it around with an exhaust which looks totally out of place and a bodykit which hides the fact its a 1.2

Apart from that these chavs think that there is no difference between us lot....

But what does everyone think really is the difference between both sets of people with pumped up cars? I'm not a chav by the way lol...

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that your car in your avatar?? if so......

thats half my car- i superimposed twin exhausts on to see what it would look like lol- that pic is from about a year ago before i got taken out in it 6 months ago. my cars all different now- hope fully get it back from bodyshop tomorrow all nice and descreet....orange

well put it this way, people who drive nice cars e.g supra's, skylines etc, in my mind can afford other decent stuff like bodykits that fit prop, nice exhaust systems etc etc, chavs go and buy a corsa for :search: £300 lol get a cheap bodykit and cable tie it on lol and think they are as good as everyone else.

well thats a good point but i was watching 5th gear a while ago and it was focusing on saxo chavs... when asked how much have u spent on it, guy replies 30K!!! it was a 1.2!!! just to prove that money can't buy you brains lol

well thats a good point but i was watching 5th gear a while ago and it was focusing on saxo chavs... when asked how much have u spent on it, guy replies 30K!!! it was a 1.2!!! just to prove that money can't buy you brains lol

I have a friend who is into saxos and modifying in a big way.... I wouldn't call him a chav but a 'modification enthusiast'... he loves cars but prefers to mod it rather than drive it.

IMO chavs have nothing to do with cars, theyre the jerks who walk about in track suits, shirts off swigging lager in high streets etc etc. Gary boys, boy racers call em what you will are the car ones lol. Theyre the sort who fit Lexus style to fiestas and fit half primered body panels and think subs before paint lol. Most people who mod cars like Supras, Skylines, Soarers, Evos can afford the time and money to do a proper job on their cars.