The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mobile tyre fitters - peoples experiences?

Bit of a generalisation I know, but are mobile tyre fitters usually any good at replacing tyres without scratching the rims? My local garage are quite good at damaging rims though my local tyre fitters can change all 4 without putting a scratch on them. I put this down to them having a load of machinery to do this, plus a balancing machine etc, instead of just using a big screwdriver! The problem with the tyre fitters is you have to wait around for ages and would mean me taking a couple of hours off work.

I've never used a mobile tyre fitter but I like the thought of not having to hang around for hours. I know every fitter will be different but generally can they do as good a job at fitting and balancing? I'm thinking about using event-tyres.

Thanks guys.