The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My new turbos!

Jez sutherland

Finally got the car all sorted out and running properly again.

Leon and the guys at JPS replaced the turbos with their stage 3 hybrids, and after running in and all that - I must say I am really pleased.

The car is noticably more powerful at stock boost levels - with no extra lag! And when the boost is turned up, the kick from the second turbo is excellent.

I had heard some people say that UKs on hybrids could be nasty - well, in my experience, they are excellent!

Anyway, a big thanks to Leon and the guys. It was a real pleasure dealing with them. I can strongly recommend JPS to anyone who hasn't already tried them, and must say that Leon is a top bloke.

Jeremy

Traction is still not too bad - never had any problems with the stock turbos, but do have a bit of a traction issue sometimes now.

Tyres are SO3s - which are excellent, and the car is a manual, so I have really good control over the power using the clutch. I still don't see the need for RLTC - perhaps I drive like a pussy?

I recon the extra power will not cause traction problems when the roads are not covered with salt and other crap - we'll see!

As a matter of interest, the tyres I use in the summer are 275s, and the extra little bit of width makes a massive difference to grip IMHO.

You having traction problems Monkeymark?

Jezza

not having any traction problems at the moment :) no gearbox in car. when i was last driving it i was having trouble when you put your foot down in a straight line it would step out. but have since found out my tyres were gone on the inside. bought some new rear tyres for when i get it back on road soon.