The mkiv Supra Owners Club

oil change and now smoke

wilkorangerover

i was running 10-50 oil in my twin turbo BPU`D supra, but after swapping the turbos last week(due to turbo seals) i thought id change the oil and filter, so i bought 5-40 oil to put in and now its smoking blue on idle OH FUCK

iam worried now after all the work of swapping the turbos could it be seals again :(, or could it be this 5 40 oil????

i noticed the mechanic pour 5 litres straight in , could it be overfull??

:(

cheers guys

Edited by wilkorangerover (see edit history)

Even if they attempt to put in the wrong kind of oil?... ok

A minor change in oil viscosity isn't going to make the car start smoking as has been described. Something else will have caused it.

Blown turbo, rings/bore issue, left over oil in the IC from previous issues - it's anyone’s guess. If the owner cannot diagnose these himself he needs to take it to a suitably qualified and trustworthy mechanic. It's not a complex decision :innocent:

A minor change in oil viscosity isn't going to make the car start smoking as has been described. Something else will have caused it.

Blown turbo, rings/bore issue, left over oil in the IC from previous issues - it's anyone’s guess. If the owner cannot diagnose these himself he needs to take it to a suitably qualified and trustworthy mechanic. It's not a complex decision :innocent:

Minor is fine but I know garages up here that put in what ever is left on the shelf