The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jap spec rear clusters.

Ray

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, i have sourced someone breaking a Toyota supra 93 Jap spec and who has rear clusters, hmm i prefer these over the uk spec. Are they a direct swap? and should my excisting wiring be fine??

Any help appreciated...

ps. the price asked is £80 each? Is that the going rate?? Or am i being ripped off? :conf:

Regards

£80 each?! I got a pair of UK's for £90 - apparently I got ripped off... I believe you can buy them new for £65 each new (I'm sure someonw will correct me).

the loom is slightly different as, J-Spec clusters have no fog lights, but they do have two sets of side/brake lights.

Originally posted by heckler

£80 each?! I got a pair of UK's for £90 - apparently I got ripped off... I believe you can buy them new for £65 each new (I'm sure someonw will correct me).

the loom is slightly different as, J-Spec clusters have no fog lights, but they do have two sets of side/brake lights.

Yea i like the fact that the j-spec has the 2 sets of brake / side lights.

I used the J-spec ones to convert my UK's to clear indicators... then put the UK's anlong with the loom onto My J-spec supe! - I prefere the look of the UK's with clear indicators...

the only problem with J's is no fog light, you either convert two of the rear brake/side lights to double over as fog's, or bolt a fog light on.... not nice....

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Ray

Hi guys,

Just a quick one, i have sourced someone breaking a Toyota supra 93 Jap spec and who has rear clusters, hmm i prefer these over the uk spec. Are they a direct swap? and should my excisting wiring be fine??

Regards

Is the J-Spec bulb holders different to the UK rears?

I also prefer the look of the J-Spec rear lights but can't be bothered with the re-wiring if the holders are different.