The mkiv Supra Owners Club

By God I think I solved it (think) PICS

123tom123tom

:) right as some people may know, i have had some problems with my EMB but i think i finally got it (think) need some one to confirm.

Ok the pics are poor but the laptop now says that the emb is online and i can choose all the items like (ignition timing, injector setings etc) pic with num 1 & 2, before these where greyed out and not able to be selected. The pics kind of show you what i mean..... but does thin now mean it is online or am i getting giddy for no reason.

I rewired all the harness again putting the ignition timing wires in there also as advised by Homer, I used the MODH website for the wiring diagrams.

This Thread relates to this issue i had:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158378

DSC00152.JPG

DSC00153.JPG

DSC00154.JPG

DSC00155.JPG

ok new problem does anybody know where i can get the greddy wiring diagrams for the ignition harness and the main harness/injection.

other than the MOHD one, just to compare as i think there is some problems with the one above.

I have followed the wiring to exactly and checked/double checked it all. Now when i turn the car on it overfuels really bad the a/f's are 10.0 at idle and there is lots of smoke.

What is this down too does any body know. :taped::taped:

ok new problem does anybody know where i can get the greddy wiring diagrams for the ignition harness and the main harness/injection.

other than the MOHD one, just to compare as i think there is some problems with the one above.

I have followed the wiring to exactly and checked/double checked it all. Now when i turn the car on it overfuels really bad the a/f's are 10.0 at idle and there is lots of smoke.

What is this down too does any body know. :taped::taped:

I'd check the MAP sensor wiring, if that's not connected you'll get that problem. Also the rotary switch settings - you need different ones for a Jspec from the ones on MOHDs site because it's a MAP sensor not a MAF.

I'd check the MAP sensor wiring, if that's not connected you'll get that problem. Also the rotary switch settings - you need different ones for a Jspec from the ones on MOHDs site because it's a MAP sensor not a MAF.

I have read the thread that homer did on this exact same problem. I have changed to the MAP sensor in the wiring as it, like you said wrong on the MOHD site , it uses the MAF setting.

What do the rotary switch settings need to be at for a Jspec. i have them at 7,2,4

Edited by 123tom123tom (see edit history)

I have read the thread that homer did on this exact same problem. I have changed to the MAP sensor in the wiring as it, like you said wrong on the MOHD site , it uses the MAF setting.

What do the rotary switch settings need to be at for a Jspec. i have them at 7,2,4

I'm pretty sure it's 740. I think 724 is for the MAF sensor (i.e. toyota hotwire).

I'm pretty sure it's 740. I think 724 is for the MAF sensor (i.e. toyota hotwire).

right i havent tried the 7,4,0 yet but what does this symptom sound like.

I start the car it idles ruff and the a/f's are from 14.o-15.0 then after about 20 sec the car starts to judder and the a/f's go to 10.0

So i turn it off quick.

just took the emb off totally and put it back to oem and it still idles ruff as hell but the a/f's flicker between 14 and 15.5.

But it is ruff like it is searching/missing.

what next am confused to hell i am pulling all the harness out again and checking again all the connections.

what else can check in regards to this issue, this issue whan the emb is hooked up started when i installed the ignition harness, but i have followed the guide on the MOHD page to the exact on everthing.:taped::blink:

I would guess the plugs are fouled after the rich episode.

is that new plugs then or is there a way of cleaning them up.

also still doent know the reason for the running rich when the emb is hooked up.

I have changed the wiring on the harness to in-corperate the MAP sensor as i had it hooked to the MAF wiring.

I have not changed the rotary settings inside the emb to 7,4,0 yet as that hasnt been confirmed yet.

Mine is still set as MOHD site at 7,2,4 could this be a factor still:D

I have not changed the rotary settings inside the emb to 7,4,0 yet as that hasnt been confirmed yet.

Mine is still set as MOHD site at 7,2,4 could this be a factor still:D

If it's set for MAF, which 724 is instead of 740 it will totally cock the fueling up, so yeah, set it to 740.