The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Finally finished

Vaughany

After two years, my project is finally finished. After a mistake by the turbo supplier, the turbo i originally orderd has now been fitted and the car has been mapped, dynoed and road tested.

the car made 607bhp at the flywheel and 626 Nm torque at 1.5bar and 702bhp and 741Nm of torque at 1.95bar. I only got it back yesterday so hav'ent really had the chance to road test it adequately. However a little blip for a few hundred metres at 1.5bar was very impressive.

The stage 2+ is obviously lagglier than the PHR Stage 1 that I had on my last Supra but first impressions of the new car and performance are excellent. Full spec and pictures can be found in my garage. (Engine bay pics need to be changed as the bigger turbo is now fitted)

My apologies for the rubbish pictures but I left the dyno sheets at JPS yesterday so asked him to fax them to me today hence why they are poor and black and white.

DSC01939.JPG

DSC01940.JPG

Edited by Vaughany (see edit history)

Still a good result, especially the 1.95 bar, was that on race fuel?

On a side note they use silly correction numbers at marlins, 453 at the wheels dont work out anywhere near 607 fly

My car made 463 at the wheels at the same boost and SSR work that out to be 548 at the fly:)

Still a good result, especially the 1.95 bar, was that on race fuel?

On a side note they use silly correction numbers at marlins, 453 at the wheels dont work out anywhere near 607 fly

My car made 463 at the wheels at the same boost and SSR work that out to be 548 at the fly:)

The 1.95bar was on normal fuel, I am on a auto, i worked it out that the losses 1.95bar were about 21% from the fly to the wheels I thought this was generally about right for an auto!

Not sure but will wait to be corrected

Thats what it was mapped on, I am confident in the mapper and engine builder, not sure what else I can say, he never told me it was on race fuel at 1.95 bar but i never asked so it may of been on race fuel but i was'nt charged for it.
Does that mean you're setup to run 1.95 bar if you like but don't know what grade fuel it requires for that boost level?

Call me old-fashioned but that would bother me.

Thats what it was mapped on, I am confident in the mapper and engine builder, not sure what else I can say, he never told me it was on race fuel at 1.95 bar but i never asked so it may of been on race fuel but i was'nt charged for it.

It wont have been race fuel if you were not charged for it, it very expensive stuff.....

Did you not discuss the map before the session and where you would take the boost to?? I am getting de ja vu all of a sudden :taped:

Why do dyno operators insist on mixing imperial and metric??!! BHP for power and then N/M's for torque. Torque should be shown in foot pounds!! Then if the graph doesn't cross at 5252 RPM you can see immediately some thing's amiss. And no correction factor, apparently, either. I'd get a power run done somewhere else as a comparison, it'd be interesting to see what other figures you get when corrected and with both units in Imperial.

Why do dyno operators insist on mixing imperial and metric??!! BHP for power and then N/M's for torque. Torque should be shown in foot pounds!! Then if the graph doesn't cross at 5252 RPM you can see immediately some thing's amiss.
Well yeah, but only if the HP and torque are on the same scale. Many/most Dyno Ops these days print the HP and Torque curves on different "Y" scales on the same graph, so the lines won't cross at 5252rpm anyway.

Well yeah, but only if the HP and torque are on the same scale. Many/most Dyno Ops these days print the HP and Torque curves on different "Y" scales on the same graph, so the lines won't cross at 5252rpm anyway.

Indeed.

I would like to know what Inertia kg those dyno runs were done with aswell :)

The PHR 2+ sure seems laggy though.

Glad you're happy though Vaughany :)

Hi Guys

I spoke to Leon at JPS to get clarification, he confirmed that the run at 1.95bar was done on vpower with no additives. He said the car had no fuelling problems, detonation etc and everthing temperature wise was fine.

The turbo was working close to max out but this is what I wanted. I wanted to test the turbo to confirm we had the turbo i purchased, you may remember that I had issues with receiving a turbo that was not what I ordered.

On receiving this turbo, I wanted to make sure it was capable of what the write up said. The results were as expected so the turbo we have is the correct one.

To confirm the car has been mapped at 1.95bar but I will running 1.5/1.6bar maximum. Leon assured me that he knows what he is doing, the fuelling, transmission and engine have been built to take over 1000bhp so running the power stated was not a problem.

I will not pretend to know about tuning, what is right and what is wrong, hence why I paid Leon to do the project build. Issues with timing, compression etc are best directed to Leon as I dont know.

He has been working with Supras along time and his track record in building high powered Supras is second to none. I am not trying to big him up but I have faith in him, if it all goes wrong then you can tell me I was an idiot.

For those few that left fairly positive comments, thank you, for those that didnt - well - good club spirit

I was not trying to be negative, I am worried for you thats all, 1.95 bar on 97 is too much for a safe map IMO of course, I dont come with this story for the sake of it, I have bitter experience, anyway enough said from me, enjoy

Not worries mate, as stated the car was mapped on vpower, not sure if this is 98 or 99. The map was fine and I will not be running at 1.95 bar at anytime in the future.