The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sorned but made the right choice

john karl

I have sorned my twin turbo , in disgust at the weather we have been having, i won't take it out if it is raining and so it has done about 125 miles this year, looking at the weather today, i feel that i have made the right choice, if the long range forecast says that next month will be OK, i will tax it then:( . Going to change the oil and filter in the next couple of weeks , just in case we see the sun for more than an hour or so.

It gets started and allowed to run once a week,until warm ,and then put back in the garage. looking forward to a change in the weather, so i can enjoy my pride and joy

Unless its a show car, get it used. Thats what they are for !!!

It pains me when i want to go fishing and the wife needs her car as then i have to use the supe :blink:, but with TLC, lots and lots of plastic covers all taped together so as to perfectly fit over all the interior, i can even use my supe to lug around my fishing gear.

I have sorned my twin turbo , in disgust at the weather we have been having, i won't take it out if it is raining and so it has done about 125 miles this year, looking at the weather today, i feel that i have made the right choice, if the long range forecast says that next month will be OK, i will tax it then:( . Going to change the oil and filter in the next couple of weeks , just in case we see the sun for more than an hour or so.

It gets started and allowed to run once a week,until warm ,and then put back in the garage. looking forward to a change in the weather, so i can enjoy my pride and joy

I would suspect that you must sit down for a pi$$......;)

Just kidding, I planned to buy a car this wk and I wouldn't have taken that out in the rain either but sometimes it's unavoidable. I don't think it is good for the car to be sat still for long periods of time. It's like the human body, if you don't use it, it will soon start falling apart when you try to stretch it's legs.

I think a run out every week would do it more good than harm, whatever the weather (except snow obviously....:D)

H.

OK you win, i will tax it , the reason that it was off the road is because i waited 10 years to be able to buy one , and it is like brand new underneath, and didn't want any rust to set in, as it is an import and has no under seal as yet, but it will be done soon , as for being a girl , there are a lot of fast and good drivers of the female species out there , besides that, at 20 stone and covered in concrete most days, don't think i would suit a dress,--high heels, ---stockings,----------suspenders,--- hmmmmmmm [AHEM] :eyebrows:sorry got a bit carried away there , but i do see where you are coming from, i will start to enjoy it from now on, instead of touching it---:sly: hmmmmmmm

OK you win, i will tax it , the reason that it was off the road is because i waited 10 years to be able to buy one , and it is like brand new underneath, and didn't want any rust to set in, as it is an import and has no under seal as yet, but it will be done soon , as for being a girl , there are a lot of fast and good drivers of the female species out there , besides that, at 20 stone and covered in concrete most days, don't think i would suit a dress,--high heels, ---stockings,----------suspenders,--- hmmmmmmm [AHEM] :eyebrows:sorry got a bit carried away there , but i do see where you are coming from, i will start to enjoy it from now on, instead of touching it---:sly: hmmmmmmm

Good man....!!:)

Now tell me about those stockings........:D

H.

For all those people who can,t read I HAVE TAXED THE CAR AND WILL USE IT IN THE WINTER , AS FOR THE AMERICAN GENTLEMAN, I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT BAD WEATHER AND ALL, LIVING IN FLORIDA:taped: TRY THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND MATE !.So to recap, sorry for being such a wimp , i have taxed the car, and wish that i had said nothing, but i wonder how many out there, puts his or her car away for the winter, and don't say anything, as they are frightened that the wolves will be on their case, as was the case with me , i will strictly use the forum for looking up any problems that might pop up and only post if i have a real problem , my mistake once again sorry:(

For all those people who can,t read I HAVE TAXED THE CAR AND WILL USE IT IN THE WINTER , AS FOR THE AMERICAN GENTLEMAN, I KNOW YOU UNDERSTAND ABOUT BAD WEATHER AND ALL, LIVING IN FLORIDA:taped: TRY THE NORTH EAST OF ENGLAND MATE !.So to recap, sorry for being such a wimp , i have taxed the car, and wish that i had said nothing, but i wonder how many out there, puts his or her car away for the winter, and don't say anything, as they are frightened that the wolves will be on their case, as was the case with me , i will strictly use the forum for looking up any problems that might pop up and only post if i have a real problem , my mistake once again sorry:(

Firstly, i am not American, Nor do i live there. I just happen to be here for 3 months.

Secondly, I was born and raised in Barnsley. And my car is currently there till i come back. I drive my supe every day. Its my only car (a uk spec BPU). I drive it in sun, rain, snow, hail and wind.

So please spare me the shit about weather.

And as an aditional Florida my be hot and sunny. But it also rains a hell of a lot. Most of the time heavier that a normal british thunderstorm. Drizzle in the north east of england is nothing compared to rain here. :D

Sorry guigsy i looked at your "public profile" and it says America, and i must apologise as i did not have my physic powers turned on, they would have told me where you lived, [treat sarcasm with sarcasm] i have been looking at the posts about welcoming people to the club, and found that there is one post that i read, that sticks in my mind more than others , it is the one where the person says, if you didn't know them would you speak to the person in a pub the same way you address them on the forum, i doubt it ,but i also read that a lot of newbies withdraw and they are worried what other people might say and made to look a fool , one upmanship i think it is called, i also felt intimidated and was going to stop posting but now have decided to post on and let the school yard bullies have there say, take it on the chin , and when it comes to a meet , in the pub see how brave they are then , or if there sarcasm is as active in the pub as it is on the forum, again i doubt it , but we will see ,this forum is a good one and it does take all kinds to make it function , but a little more welcome and a little less sarcasm , especially to newbies might go a long way . By the way i dislike text writing but a simple word, in a nice way , is a lot better way i think . But thats just me.

Edited by john karl (see edit history)

Cant help think your over reacting slightly. You got the same reaction in the posts anyone else would. All which were in jest as far as i can see.

I appologise if i reacted harshly and you took it the wrong way. It wasnt intending to get some kind of argument or cause offence.