The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Another newbie

Guest century

Hi folks,

My name is Nathan Freke and i run a company called Century Motorsport.

We are builders of europe's quickest MR2 and we are also a race team running Formula Fords.

Im new to the supra scene and dont yet have one, im focusing on trying to get the world record with the MR2 first - hopefully at jap show finale.

I plan to research as much as i can into the 2JZ motor and get one in to start playing around with so when i do get a supra - next year i will have a decent build to go in.

Nathan

is that a real MR2 or just the roadster???!!! :eyebrows:

Welcome fella - get involved soon!

:welcome:

Ha ha, i like your style ... its the real MR2 - ofcourse!

So far i have done a 10.41 @ 143mph , the world record is a 9.7 @ 143 ... the terminals suggest we can do it, but i had traction issues last time we ran - once we sorted the traction issues, the clutch gave up so im just waiting on the carbon clutch to arrive then were cooking with gas.

Here is a little pic

I have won the TOTB RWD 1/4mile catergory 2 years on the trot with her. Great cars - apart from the blocks are inherently weak and i keep splitting them!

Welcome aboard Nathan, I tried to warn you away from the Supra but you obviously have an itch that needs scratching so I look forward to seeing where you go with it :)

If your development work on the Supra is anything like as interesting as the stuff you've done with the MR2 it should be good reading.

You can p/x a nicely built MR2 against my Supra if you like ;)

Welcome aboard Nathan, I tried to warn you away from the Supra but you obviously have an itch that needs scratching so I look forward to seeing where you go with it :)

If your development work on the Supra is anything like as interesting as the stuff you've done with the MR2 it should be good reading.

You can p/x a nicely built MR2 against my Supra if you like ;)

Do you know what..... :D

I will be in the market for one soon - i dont WANT to sell the 2 to gain fundings for one but if i have to, then thats what i'll do.

Forgot your presence on here being a supra man... tell me, is yours auto?

Yes, a UK spec Auto - probably not the ideal starting point for a full-on drag car if that's the way you are heading, there are lighter J-Spec variants that can be had for peanuts these days.

well if you know of any motors kicking about let me know so the project can commence :)