The mkiv Supra Owners Club

19" Wheels question

foxysupra

Hiya guys

Ive recently (last week) aquired a set of 19" split rims for my pride and joy (replacing 18"). I got them on the mega cheap and as they were such a bargain I was damn sure I was gonna make them fit! (They came off another supra).

The set up is

2 x front wheels are 19 x 8.5 x ET 35 @ 114 x 5 stud fitting

2 x front tyres are Pirelli Pzero 'Rosso' 245x35/ZR19 93Y

2 x rear wheels are 19 x 9.5 x ET 35 @ 114 x 5 stud fitting

2 x rear tyres are 'Kumho' ECSTA Supra 275x30/ZR19 92W

They fit and look lovely (after a slight wheel arch adjustment!)

My question is... does anyone else have this sort of set up and if so how do you find it? Im not sure whether its me being a bit cautious as they are new, but I find the rear end is being a bit skittish if you know what I mean! All tyres have loads of tread.

Any thoughts?

Heres a piccy...

Thanks guys, I did wonder about the brand of tyre might be a problem and will check out about getting the geometry set - hopefully there is someone local to brum that can help.

Yes, they do clear the brakes, but mine is a jap import so presume they are different :search:

Some jspecs had the larger option brakes. If they are 4 pot front 2 pot rear they are the larger "uk spec" brakes. 2 pot fron, 1 pot rear = jspec.

A few people here are very impressed with these people. They are members here too. About 100 miles from you. So that's £60 in fuel and £85 for the st up.

£150 total. Best money you'll spend mate. It'll save that in tyre wear alone. Could prevent some serious damage running into thousands if your car wipes out. Don't skimp on stuff like this. I thought the price was too cheap but several people who know what they're about have had nothing but praise.

CONTACT

Address

33 Chess Business Park

Moor Road

Chesham

HP5 1SD

Telephone

0794 842 7383

Email

For general enquiries, please email [email protected]

For comments and on our web site, please email [email protected]

For site administration please contact [email protected]

i'm in the same boat as the OP here, i intended on running 18" 275 rear and 245 fronts on my sup but i bought the car with 19's and they look the part so they're staying put for now. Someone mentioned getting the geo set up for 19's, will a laser alignment place know how to adjust the stock alignment fro 19" rims. I intended on using the Lance w setup but this is for 18" setups, does anyone have any idea what setup to use for 19's, i know they wont ever handle as good as 18's but atleast it might help with irregular tyre wear and let me tune out a bit of understeer.

i'm in the same boat as the OP here, i intended on running 18" 275 rear and 245 fronts on my sup but i bought the car with 19's and they look the part so they're staying put for now. Someone mentioned getting the geo set up for 19's, will a laser alignment place know how to adjust the stock alignment fro 19" rims. I intended on using the Lance w setup but this is for 18" setups, does anyone have any idea what setup to use for 19's, i know they wont ever handle as good as 18's but atleast it might help with irregular tyre wear and let me tune out a bit of understeer.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2092373&postcount=13

May help you out mate. :)

Edit. Not sure they're 19 mate. Pm the member. I know JamieP has had his 19's done here. Worth asking if he has the set up.

Edited by AndyT (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from having my geometry done.

Only a few minor tweeks needed, nothing major, they said it was pretty straight. Camber needed slightly adjusting on the right rear, but they said that may or may not be causing the back end to be skittish. They did recommend upgrading the rear tyres so think that will be my next purchase.

Anyway, would highly recommend them... BMTR in Birmingham on the Walsall Road - very profession and lovely coloured print-out too :)