The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Request To Use My Supra For Add?

Tricky-Ricky

Just had somebody at my door asking to use my Supra in an phone commercial, the company is legit, will contact director, it was his sister that called, anyway i am slightly tempted but in all i think it may be more trouble than its worth, as its at short notice, IE next week, not too far away, but i was surprised that all that is offered is expenses, so basically i use my time to drive there and back, my petrol is covered, and i get food, and just be happy that my car is in a commercial:rolleyes:

Just wondering what other peoples experiences where as I'm sure i have seen somebody post about similar?

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

didn't 'the real hustle' do this on TV, they went round a guys house and asked him if they could use his car for an advert or some type of thing for TV and in the end they managed to steal his car.

First off I'm not that gullible, i have already checked out the company and have now sent them an email, basically telling them that without offering me a sensible renumeration, they are taking the pee;)

Edited by Tricky-Ricky (see edit history)

You should definately get paid. They want to use YOUR car, and YOU will have to drive it there in YOUR OWN time. Everyone knows time = money. They want your time and effort, they better be willing to pay for it.

If it was a job for a friend, then that's different, you're helping out a buddy, but for some random company that want's something of yours for their gain.. I'm afraid I'd want a generous offer.

Finally got a reply, saying thanks for the email, but we now have a car, surprise surprise!

and there was of course a budget for this, LOL!

let me guess, as little as we can get away with, cheapskates:p

probably didn't like my email saying that they would be wasting my time if i didn't receive a fee;)

They probably thought that they would get some little chav jumping up and down to get their car on TV, however if they have got some little pug, its not going to give the add much credibility, as it was to portray more mature people using mobile technology.