The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You will not be able to buy show plates from the 1st nov 08

wile e coyote

Guest CoolsBlue

i got my plates made by a show plate company, but nothing fancy just made like standrd plates, correct size of plates + letters and digits, even got the reflective background, hope theyre legal

What happens when you do genuinly what some show plates making then, surely there will be some companys still legally making them "for show purposes only". Otherwise they will have to start banning things like decats and loud exhausts. I reckon companys like gt graphics will still be able to do them.

yeah they will still be able to be made...we make them but have to sell them with an invoice to say the supply is for show purposes only not for road use!

I was told by the guy who makes mine that if you are caught with non standard number plates they would treat it as having no MOT, as it would'nt have passed with them in that way. Sounds a bit harsh and unlikely to me but you never know. I used to have an extra space on mine but have changerd to 100% legal, not worth the hassle if they clamp down on it

I was told by the guy who makes mine that if you are caught with non standard number plates they would treat it as having no MOT, as it would'nt have passed with them in that way. Sounds a bit harsh and unlikely to me but you never know. I used to have an extra space on mine but have changerd to 100% legal, not worth the hassle if they clamp down on it

They have or v. soon are clamping down. My number plate had a screw in it to say supra and the old bill weren't impressed :(

Either way it still gets a lot of thumbs up from the rest of the crowd. I still use the screw in shows :D

Do you know what law it is that is coming in or being changed?

Seems a bit weird to me and I fail to see the benefit. It always as far as I am aware been illegal to drive on a road with incorrect, non standard or false plates but since most car shows are presumably on private property and not on public highways then surely the Police have no enforcement rights.... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Do you know what law it is that is coming in or being changed?

Seems a bit weird to me and I fail to see the benefit. It always as far as I am aware been illegal to drive on a road with incorrect, non standard or false plates but since most car shows are presumably on private property and not on public highways then surely the Police have no enforcement rights.... Pls correct me if I'm wrong.

The companys that sell show plates have stated for years that they are for shows only,I got pulled for my plates £30 fine and a good talking to but no mention of an MOT failure,also it is not a criminal offence but they can get DVLA to withdraw your private plate if you have one,depends on the officer who pulls you unfortunately the one who pulled me was way up north in the middle of no where he must have been bored looking at the sheep:blink: