The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hybrids?

L33

going to be buying some hybrids from envy in the next week or 2 when i do my engine swap.

now ive seen that a few members have had trouble with them. is this that rite thing for me to do?

is there much powergain? and whats the safe boost limit?

cheers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

only 1.2 bar? even the uk turbos can take more than that?

ive so far got bpu except a boost controller, which i wil get after ive ran the new engine in. my target was 400bhp n e way! so prob just get a map and mayb injectors and i wil be finished :)

only 1.2 bar? even the uk turbos can take more than that?

ive so far got bpu except a boost controller, which i wil get after ive ran the new engine in. my target was 400bhp n e way! so prob just get a map and mayb injectors and i wil be finished :)

I think Brian, tdr, ran more, but I'd stick to the 1.2. :)

The bigger injectors, map and pump will stop everything going lean and you know your motor will be safe and pushing 400.

I think Brian, tdr, ran more, but I'd stick to the 1.2. :)

The bigger injectors, map and pump will stop everything going lean and you know your motor will be safe and pushing 400.

sorry im i being think here but isn't bpu.. meant to be around(close ) to 400bhp anyway? on j-spec and uk-spec?

So what are the benefits of hybrids over uk turbo's then, is it just for reliability's sake?

well imo they are overated, yes they are supposed to be more reliable and will take more power, but for the money i don,t think there worth it, they don,t get that much more than a decent healthy bpu car, i would stick with the normal twins, steel or ceramic and if they went then i would go small single all imo of course:D

with hybrids i would use (and have) 550s for safetys sake

yea but if you dont have them wont it just restrict the power you could have or is it a case of damaging the engine with out them? surely standard with hybrids wil run fine but if u want more power change injectors?

sorry im i being think here but isn't bpu.. meant to be around(close ) to 400bhp anyway? on j-spec and uk-spec?

Yep. If the hybrids are the same size as the standard you'll get more or less same power. You'd need twins like Lee P or the units Michael sold for seriously more power.

Add in the complexity of the twins and you may as well go small fast spool single.

The ideal is seamless sequential as in the standard set up. The power curve should be smooth all the way up, over a longer duration. That's hard to do.

Veyron runs 4 sequential turbos. Nightmare.

yea but if you dont have them wont it just restrict the power you could have or is it a case of damaging the engine with out them? surely standard with hybrids wil run fine but if u want more power change injectors?

absolutely you can run them as stock or maybe a little higher on 440s, i was meaning if you wanted more power from them above 400;)

really?

problem is i dont have all the supporting mods to do it! at least with hybrids i can get the rest in future

Keep the boost low and it will be fine for the time being till you get the other bits sorted, get somebody that knows what they are doing to check there is no det.