The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sup all sp71

Guest ISUpra

Yo my name is Brian coming from DSM, Iowa. I a member of the //935 Draggers. I graduated from Iowa State University, which is why my baby's name is ISUpra. I'm a Honda guy cuz I grew up tunning Hondas. I started with a 95 Accord coupe in high school and swapped a h22a4 in it. My next car was a 97 Prelude, which I had during college. Built the engine bullet proof from top to bottom and pushed 368 whp with a small t3/t4 turbonetic turbo. I was planning on hitting 450 whp with a gt35 or a 60-1 turbo, but I ended up selling my Prelude to buy my brothers 93 Supra. It's an automatic...I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing, but I heard good news about automatics for Toyotas only. I guess I don't have to explain cuz there are advantages and disadvantages comparing auto and manual. Anyways, my oldest bro installed a SP71 turbo kit with a 4" downpipe and APEXI N1 exhaust. I don't know what upgrades were done to the engine, but will find out soon. I don't have an ecu and don't have much money so I might start off with the cheap MAP ECU and then move up to AEM EMS. The ISUpra is rolling on 19" CCW wheels wrapped around in 270/30/19 and 295/35/19 Continental Sport Compact 2 rubberband man. Inside has 2 screens with a built in navi...sound system of course. Body is painted Viper GTS blue and geared up with the Veilside body kit. There's more, but just gave the basics of the insides and out.

accord.jpg

DSC00371.JPG

r1.jpg

Supra.jpg

DSC00358.JPG

Welcome aboard - 935 Draggers is a blast from the past for me, I won a t-shirt from them when the site first started, haven't checked it out for ages!

Yeah I have a few homeboys from Chi town in Midwest racing groups and I happened to join the 935 Draggers last year during the HIN2007.

SP71 on autobox? :taped:

Hope its not a stock box!

HAha it is. I have plans, but still debating on what to do. My bro is telling me to do the GM tranny conversion, but I might just upgrade my crap instead of doing the conversion because I don't plan on racing a lot. Part of the reason why I joined this supra club is because it will help me make decision based off everyones ideas.

Welcome. Awesome sup and i'm loving your 5th gen, greddy lip is the best looking lip for the 5th in my opinion.

Thanks man. I wish I gotta keep the lude, but only had a choice of selling the lude or the sup and so the sup hadda be kept in the family.

hi mate and welcome

nice motor do you run a high stall with that big tubby :D

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I think I'm running on a stock drivetrain. My bro didn't finish off the sup because he bought a Lexis ISF. Now it's my job to do the rest of the work with the fuel system and drivetrain.

I don't mean to sound stupid, but I think I'm running on a stock drivetrain. My bro didn't finish off the sup because he bought a Lexis ISF. Now it's my job to do the rest of the work with the fuel system and drivetrain.

i think the first mod i would do would be get a (at least) 4000rpm hi-stall converter, it will transform the car