The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Midlands Friday Jan 9th food & beer meet - Birmingham - evening 'till late!

SteveR

Pete suggested we do this:

This might be a bit of an odd idea, but how about we do it the first weekend in Jan?

Here's my thinking:

1. It's cheaper
  2. It's something to look forward to after the fizz of xmas has gone
  3. It'll be quieter out

If we went for the centre of the Midlands - Birmingham, we can get Travel lodges on Friday 9th in the centre for just £19 (SteveR: currently £32 but still pretty cheap!). Birmingham Central Plaza.

Car parking can be done at The Mailbox - Very secure professional parking. Will cost you the same to put your car to bed as the hotel. ;)

Book a big Chinese banquet or something to everyone's tastes then hit a club?

We may be able to do a deal on a meal with it being a quiet weekend on takings generally that weekend.

The survivors can always potter around Brum and do lunch on Sat.

This meet WILL be going ahead, Pete, Burna and I have already booked our hotel! :D

The only question is do we call this our Christmas meet or do people want a pub-type 'meet up & munch' before Jesus' birthday as well?

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well a mod rang me and said to get it sorted so what could I do? ;)

I'm guessing the same mod who rang me and wanted me to share a room with him and his sex swing again :rolleyes: "Not this time Pete big boy" I said, three's a crowd, but a mkiv group booking is an orgy! :D

What's all this "Petes Idea" malarky? Is that so when it all ends in disaster and misery I can take the blame? :D

Who taught Pete to read a calendar? I almost booked the 2nd after reading as far as 'the first weekend in Jan'.

New Years weekend doesn't count. I'm sure most of us won't be sober to drive for several days after.

After a distinct Supra meet draught so far this year, the coming months are looking rosy indeed!

After a distinct Supra meet draught so far this year, the coming months are looking rosy indeed!

Meet draught!?

24th Feb Sunday lunch

FIA International GT Race - April

Easter Bank Holiday pub lunch

Ironbridge - May yours! lol

JTS, Time Attack & Drifting @ Silverstone - 1st June

Pub Lunch - July 20th

Steak - last weekend

Plus about the same again not organised by me/as close to you.

Pah! :D

All the pub-inspired ones eh Burna? ;)

Just November to sort out (December is in hand and January is arranging itself nicely) and that will have been at least 1 meet a month :cool:

(assuming SupraPod counts as October's meet - if not, tough, cos I forgot but I'm busy every weekend in October! lol)

All the pub-inspired ones eh Burna? ;)

Just November to sort out (December is in hand and January is arranging itself nicely) and that will have been at least 1 meet a month :cool:

(assuming SupraPod counts as October's meet - if not, tough, cos I forgot but I'm busy every weekend in October! lol)

Looks as if I won't be able to do the trackday or Japshow, I'll be there for Suprapod though :)

• 4 weeks later...