PDA

View Full Version : picture of my new honey



Mr Deano
19-01-04, 21:56
Heres a tiny picture of my 94' TT6sp.
An o.a.p. had it previously.,
i know this as he left all his hit's from the fiftys and sixtys cd's in the cd changer, the car is perfectly immaculate with very low miles for it's age.

I'm proud.

Faye
19-01-04, 22:00
Looking very nice.

By the way, hello!

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:06
Originally posted by Faye
Looking very nice.

By the way, hello!

Thankyou!

hello back.

its not a very clear photo but all i have for the moment.
it has taken me all evening to get things going on this site,
i'm very new to the internet, it has also kept me occupied whilst i'm trying to give up smoking which is now into it's third week.

LeeT
19-01-04, 22:12
Originally posted by Mr Deano
Heres a tiny picture of my 94' TT6sp.
An o.a.p. had it previously.,
i know this as he left all his hit's from the fiftys and sixtys cd's in the cd changer, the car is perfectly immaculate with very low miles for it's age.

I'm proud.

nice car mate, that reminds me of only fools and horses when del boy is selling an old banger. " it used to belong to an old vicar who only used it to drive to church, oh look hes even left his bible in the glove box"

Tom
19-01-04, 22:19
Mr Deano,

Nice supe,

I imagined the owner of that one would be on here, i did phone up about this one when it was on autotrader but it already went to you!, very nice find it was a bargain!

I saw in the other thread that you started that garages had pretty much told you not to buy a UK manual? what were there reasons behind it??

Thanks

Tom.

Steve M
19-01-04, 22:29
:) welcome to the bbs ,looks good and the best colour:innocent:

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:32
Originally posted by TDRAPER
Mr Deano,

Nice supe,

I imagined the owner of that one would be on here, i did phone up about this one when it was on autotrader but it already went to you!, very nice find it was a bargain!

I saw in the other thread that you started that garages had pretty much told you not to buy a UK manual? what were there reasons behind it??

Thanks

Tom.
T o be honest with you mate , i think that the garages were telling me not to go for a uk manual mainly because all the supras i seen at garages were auto imports and the fact that there isnt many uk manuals about meant that they couldnt sell me one, alternativly for them they would try to convince me that the import autos were the better, i strongly feel that the uk cars are better conditon all around and(looked after more) and also fully loaded with all the niceys and mainly the appreciation on them is stronger . Mr deano

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:37
Originally posted by Steve M
:) welcome to the bbs ,looks good and the best colour:innocent:

a colour i didnt actually expect to buy , but an adorable colour when cleaned and polished,
i stick it in my garage after a long drive and clean the beauty again and again as i cant get enough of it's presence.
it's parked outside my barbers shop all day in my sight away from all the lame drivers who are likely to scratch it.

ad500
19-01-04, 22:39
Welcome to the board Deano,


Originally posted by Mr Deano
i strongly feel that the uk cars are better conditon all around and(looked after more) and also fully loaded with all the niceys and mainly the appreciation on them is stronger . Mr deano

Yep, have to agree with you on this point:D

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:42
Originally posted by leett
nice car mate, that reminds me of only fools and horses when del boy is selling an old banger. " it used to belong to an old vicar who only used it to drive to church, oh look hes even left his bible in the glove box"

i gave all the cd's to my old man as i'm only 22.
i hardly going to listen to number one love songs of the sixties HEARTBEAT.

how do you find yours being a uk spec?
is it a man or auto?

dude
19-01-04, 22:43
Fools Fools the lot of you :D

Nice car Deano let me know when you want it De-horned !!!!:)

dude:flame Dev

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:45
Originally posted by ad500
Welcome to the board Deano,



Yep, have to agree with you on this point:D

cheers mate!!!!!!!

i'm glad somebody has agreed with me as i strongly believe its true and for many other reasons too!!!!!

Deano

Paul
19-01-04, 22:47
Originally posted by ad500
Yep, have to agree with you on this point:D

And me :D Dude will disagree though I feel?
Welcome BTW.

Paul

CJ
19-01-04, 22:51
Mr. Deano, welcome to the wonderful world of "I love my Supra" and "How to spend lots of money in an incredibly short space of time".

I get back to wales most weekends, maybe we can meet up? If you let me know when I can slow down in my J-spec and wait for you to catch up.
:p

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:51
Originally posted by dude
Fools Fools the lot of you :D

Nice car Deano let me know when you want it De-horned !!!!:)

dude:flame Dev
is that got anything to do with the headlamp washers???
what the story there then???

i dont mind them although everyone else sais their wrong and that they shouldny be there!!!!!!1
Deano

CJ
19-01-04, 22:52
Originally posted by Mr Deano
is that got anything to do with the headlamp washers???
what the story there then???

i dont mind them although everyone else sais their wrong and that they shouldny be there!!!!!!1
Deano

Methinks this could turn into a very long thread :innocent:

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:54
Originally posted by CJ
Mr. Deano, welcome to the wonderful world of "I love my Supra" and "How to spend lots of money in an incredibly short space of time".

I get back to wales most weekends, maybe we can meet up? If you let me know when I can slow down in my J-spec and wait for you to catch up.
:p

Where to in wales mate? i'm near Cardiff...

CJ
19-01-04, 22:55
"The Bronx" - Merthyr :D

Paul R
19-01-04, 22:56
Originally posted by Mr Deano
Where to in wales mate? i'm near Cardiff...

I'm only 20 mins from North Wales too.

Where are you CJ?

Paul.

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 22:57
Originally posted by CJ
Methinks this could turn into a very long thread :innocent:
are we going to battle this one out about the uk vs j spec here or are we going to battle it out in Cardiff??? where the balls and confidence is??

CJ
19-01-04, 22:57
I live in oxfordshire now but travel back to wales most weekends to pick up my son.

CJ
19-01-04, 22:58
Originally posted by Mr Deano
are we going to battle this one out about the uk vs j spec here or are we going to battle it out in Cardiff??? where the balls and confidence is??

No battle - no contest! :p

Paul R
19-01-04, 22:58
Originally posted by CJ
I live in oxfordshire now but travel back to wales most weekends to pick up my son.

How strange, I come from Oxforshire too. I lived in Witney for 20 years!

Paul.

CJ
19-01-04, 22:59
And here I am in Abingdon! Small world eh? :)

Paul R
19-01-04, 23:00
Originally posted by CJ
And here I am in Abingdon! Small world eh? :)

My sister lives in Abingdon. Peachcroft...you know it?

I used to work at Radleigh College :)

Paul.

CJ
19-01-04, 23:01
I see Deanos replies are as slow coming back as his UK turbos are to spool :D

CJ
19-01-04, 23:02
Originally posted by Paul R
My sister lives in Abingdon. Peachcroft...you know it?

I used to work at Radleigh College :)

Paul.

Yeah, I know peachcroft well - My fav chinese takeaway! I started off living on the radley road then moved down to the marina.

Nice place to live - very quiet.

ad500
19-01-04, 23:03
Originally posted by Paul R
How strange, I come from Oxforshire too. I lived in Witney for 20 years!

Paul.

Paul, did you ever sample the delights of "The Palais"???

CJ
19-01-04, 23:04
Originally posted by ad500
Paul, did you ever sample the delights of "The Palais"???

Or "Stickeys" in Abingdon?

Paul R
19-01-04, 23:05
Originally posted by ad500
Paul, did you ever sample the delights of "The Palais"???

LOL. is that how they spell it these days?? :) you've been recently havent you!!

Yeah, I went there a few times......you had to be in by 10:30 though or they wouldnt let you in!!

I used to work in Nortons not far away ( the bird from gladiators worked there too!!)

Paul.

ad500
19-01-04, 23:11
Originally posted by Paul R
you've been recently havent you!!



Not yet, honestly. Although i will do soon, just to see if its as bad as they tell me.

Paul R
19-01-04, 23:13
It's bad!!

The only club in Witney though! someones got to do it!!!

Paul.

ad500
19-01-04, 23:16
So which of the gladiator birds worked in Nortons?

Mr Deano
19-01-04, 23:17
Originally posted by CJ
I see Deanos replies are as slow coming back as his UK turbos are to spool :D
my turbos are spooling just fine,
i understand that the j spec spool quicker as there is ceramic blades but only producing little power , unlike mine which are steel blades in side the turbine whick are also slightly bigger on the whole in which case only like producing BIG power.
very very nice!!!!!!!!!

Paul R
19-01-04, 23:18
Originally posted by ad500
So which of the gladiator birds worked in Nortons?

Well....ahem...

It was one of the contestants actually :)..

It was a girl who came from North Leigh and owned her own gym there. She got to the final I think!

Paul.

(I was just trying to make you think I new someone famous !! )

CJ
19-01-04, 23:19
Originally posted by Mr Deano
my turbos are spooling just fine,
i understand that the j spec spool quicker as there is ceramic blades but only producing little power , unlike mine which are steel blades in side the turbine whick are also slightly bigger on the whole in which case only like producing BIG power.
very very nice!!!!!!!!!

Oh dear - yet another poor deluded soul. I will now wait for dude to appear and shed his word of wisdom. :)

ad500
19-01-04, 23:27
Originally posted by Mr Deano

i understand that the j spec spool quicker as there is ceramic blades but only producing little power ,

Lol, looking forward to this.....

CJ
19-01-04, 23:30
Originally posted by ad500
Lol, looking forward to this.....

I can almost hear the growling and snorting as Dude swiftly approaches....:D

Supragal
19-01-04, 23:32
Very nice, hello and welcome :)

ad500
19-01-04, 23:34
Originally posted by CJ
I can almost hear the growling and snorting as Dude swiftly approaches....:D

Hehe...he's just getting his book of anti UK spec quotes as we speak

CJ
19-01-04, 23:36
Originally posted by ad500
Hehe...he's just getting his book of anti UK spec quotes as we speak

Bloody hell. If that is right, he will need the help of at least four others to help him pick it up! :D

ad500
19-01-04, 23:43
Originally posted by CJ
Bloody hell. If that is right, he will need the help of at least four others to help him pick it up! :D

Hang on a moment im getting dragged onto the J spec side here.

The anti Uk quotes book is merely a small scrap of paper, almost invisible to the naked eye!!!

CJ
19-01-04, 23:45
Originally posted by ad500
Hang on a moment im getting dragged onto the J spec side here.

The anti Uk quotes book is merely a small scrap of paper, almost invisible to the naked eye!!!

Yours might look like that friend but dude's makes the encyclopaedia brittanica look like a postage stamp!

Scooter
19-01-04, 23:46
in the meantime I'll just sneak another pro UK observation

do you remember the time when that uk supra totalled its turbo's and spewed them out of its exhaust pipe....................





.................no me neither:innocent: :D

ad500
19-01-04, 23:52
Originally posted by Scooter
in the meantime I'll just sneak another pro UK observation

do you remember the time when that uk supra totalled its turbo's and spewed them out of its exhaust pipe....................





.................no me neither:innocent: :D

LOL....here comes the cavalry

CJ
19-01-04, 23:55
Originally posted by ad500
LOL....here comes the cavalry

Yeah - but it could be Custer's last stand if Geronidude makes an appearance. :baa:

skylinelee
20-01-04, 00:35
deano
welcome........just check the drag times for stock/hybrid turbos on this site.
lee

MONKEYmark
20-01-04, 01:02
Originally posted by Mr Deano
my turbos are spooling just fine,
i understand that the j spec spool quicker as there is ceramic blades but only producing little power , unlike mine which are steel blades in side the turbine whick are also slightly bigger on the whole in which case only like producing BIG power.
very very nice!!!!!!!!!

hehehe errrrrrrrrrrr ITS RED! & UK dont feel too bad :)

welcome to the board

heres the times so far

Dragracing times for Stock & Hybrid Turbos

01.MONKEYmark (TT auto) JAP (Elvington)
12.53 @ 114 mph 60 Foot = 2.166

02.Adam Kindness (TT auto) JAP (hybrids) (Crail) (SOLD OUT)
12.705 @ 114.8 mph 60 foot = 2.175

03.Matt Harwood (TT auto) JAP (TSC 2)
12.79 @ 114mph

04.Kevin Huntley (TT 6) UK (Elvington)
12.81 @ 110 mph

05.Justin M (TT auto) JAP (TSC 2)
12.85 @ 110 mph


im running crap small 440cc jap injectors crap jap pump, crap turbos, and no boost controller

i think we can say the JAP lads will wait for your UK to catch up at the end of the strip :)

lots of JAP love

xxx
xx
x

LeeT
20-01-04, 06:53
Originally posted by MONKEYmark
hehehe errrrrrrrrrrr ITS RED! & UK dont feel too bad :)

welcome to the board

heres the times so far

Dragracing times for Stock & Hybrid Turbos

01.MONKEYmark (TT auto) JAP (Elvington)
12.53 @ 114 mph 60 Foot = 2.166

02.Adam Kindness (TT auto) JAP (hybrids) (Crail) (SOLD OUT)
12.705 @ 114.8 mph 60 foot = 2.175

03.Matt Harwood (TT auto) JAP (TSC 2)
12.79 @ 114mph

04.Kevin Huntley (TT 6) UK (Elvington)
12.81 @ 110 mph

05.Justin M (TT auto) JAP (TSC 2)
12.85 @ 110 mph


im running crap small 440cc jap injectors crap jap pump, crap turbos, and no boost controller

i think we can say the JAP lads will wait for your UK to catch up at the end of the strip :)

lots of JAP love

xxx
xx
x

thats only because there is about 20 million jap specs in the uk where as theres only a few hundred of our exclusive elite cars on the road

CJ
20-01-04, 07:56
Originally posted by leett
thats only because there is about 20 million jap specs in the uk where as theres only a few hundred of our exclusive elite cars on the road

[patronising voice] Of course thats the reason - and there is a tooth fairy and Santa Claus is real. :baa:

Bobbeh
20-01-04, 09:37
Stop being so ghey and just look at the times they run in the US (virtually same spec as UK's. Its only because you imports outnumber the UK's by thousands as lee says.)

Gah, they're the same friggin car, stop being so petty :D

Roy
20-01-04, 10:49
welcome deano ....... forget about whether uk or j spec, just buy what you like. :)

suprarob
20-01-04, 11:21
mr deano nice car
you have now got one of the most exclusive supras in the world
this is the one made by toyota for the UK
enjoy your car
and if you clean it as often as me, you will be cleaning it in the rain as well
:D

peter richards
20-01-04, 21:47
welcome deano , nice car m8. see you live in cardiff . me swansea .
the only rivalry on here is between j specs and uks.:cool: