The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just bought a supra

Mr Deano

I have recently bought a supra and cant get enough of the second turbo.

The amount of pointless journeys i do for the pure sake of that second turbo is costing me a second mortgage in fuel bills but is extreamly pleasureable and satisfying.

Anyone feel the same?????

This monster is a manual and i couldnt feel more content with it,

I find the gearbox slightly klunky when selecting first, i believe this is normal from what i have read.

Originally posted by Bobbeh

Hi Deano - Yes 2nd turbo is great fun :D

1st and 2nd are usually quite clunky, but only when cold really.

Welcome to the boards, post some pics. :thumbs:

I just got a uk manual after every garage told me not to and now i'm the happiest guy in Cardiff, i've been cruising around every night with the biggest smile on my face ever!!!!!!!

i will try to get some photos on here soon as i am not up to date with commputers yet.

i just realised i spelt klunky wrong,

the whistling of the turbos is just pure serenity,who needs a radio????????????

Originally posted by Wipeout

Good choice :cool:

Any mods yet??

i have upgraded the fuel pump, and now i aim to get it de-limited and replace the exhaust system along with the cat replacement pipes, maybe a super Dragger system as i've been advised.

the limiter as you know is at 155mph as you also know is ridiculously easy to hit, there fore i want it removed!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mr Deano

i have upgraded the fuel pump, and now i aim to get it de-limited and replace the exhaust system along with the cat replacement pipes, maybe a super Dragger system as i've been advised.

the limiter as you know is at 155mph as you also know is ridiculously easy to hit, there fore i want it removed!!!!!!!!

hi,

the limiter usually kicks in about 112/120 mph!!

Paul.

You can just pull the traction control fuse and this also delimits the car. No side effects for a manual car just no TC at all, which is no bad thing imo but you may need to watch it this time of year especially if you've already had the traction cutting in alot.

Have fun :)

Originally posted by Scooter

You can just pull the traction control fuse and this also delimits the car. No side effects for a manual car just no TC at all, which is no bad thing imo but you may need to watch it this time of year especially if you've already had the traction cutting in alot.

Have fun :)

cheers mate for that, i'll have a look into that as the limiter is getting annoying.

cheers

Originally posted by Mr Deano

cheers mate for that, i'll have a look into that as the limiter is getting annoying.

cheers

Don't take this the wrong way, and i know i'm going to sound like your dad but please be extra careful at this time of year. IF you do pull the fuse take time to get used to it, it will almost certainly twitch or give full on wheelspin where it never did before.

Not trying to be a killjoy, just the fact that your saying the limiter is getting on your nerves makes me a little nervous about my previous advice:D

Originally posted by SupraBabe

Hi Mr Deano and welcome

ive had my supra for about 2 months and the novelty still hasnt worn off i still have that huge smile on my face when i drive it.

:D :D

a supra chick!!!!!!!

i bet you look the beez kneez in that, nice rims!!!!

that smile i think will last at least another two months, its looking pretty good for another two months for me, i'm in love with mine, it's been cleaned in day and night, wet or dry weather, as long as it's loking its best i'm happy!!!!!!

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Hi mate welcome to the board, you picked the right car mate, UK specs are the best, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Paul

Pay no heed to Paul Deano he was assaulted by a Turbot in his younger days and it has effected his judgement :D

Nice car just be ready to move over for the J-specs at the first meet ;)

Dude:flame Dev

Originally posted by Paul Laing

Hi mate welcome to the board, you picked the right car mate, UK specs are the best, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking?

Paul

cheers for the reply mate, the purchase of my new baby was one hell a long story but i wont go into that yet, but i paid 12K for it, and i'm tottally happy with what i got, if it had cost more and i had driven it once i would have paid more, i was lucky to get it for that, as others were offering more for it after i had deposited it. it's F#?$#;G awsome!!!!!!!

Mr deano!!

Originally posted by dude

Pay no heed to Paul Deano he was assaulted by a Turbot in his younger days and it has effected his judgement :D

Nice car just be ready to move over for the J-specs at the first meet ;)

Dude:flame Dev

What do you mean by first meet?

i read something in bansai magazine today about a track day at santa pod in late march, what's all that about??

Mr deano.

p.s. did you catch my little site attached to my profile with the pictures of my lovely all over it, if not, check it out, it's a minter!!!!!!