The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Off sets

mashhead

Ok Another Question

I have orderd some new buddyclub wheels for my car. The origional wheels were 18x8 +35mm of set front, and 18x9+45mm for back

I odered my new wheels from tokyo express, and they dont do the 18 inch ones anymore. They only have 19x8.5 +38mm for front and 19x9.5 + 38mm for backs

now the origional wheels had a 4mm spacer on the fronts to clear the caliper, and were flush with the front arches, but the test fit on the new 19x8.5 =38mm front wheels dont clear the caliper, and a 5mm shim is needed to only just clear it by 1mm. and the rim pokes out slightly now from the wheel arch.

i spoke to tokyo express again about my concerns, and they said that did i lower the car on the test rim as the weight of the car should pull the wheel into the arch, which i am yet to do, but frankly i am sceptical if this is going to make any difference, and they now have my money for all four wheels, and i feel like even if there is a problem that i am going to have to order them anyway........nighmare....anyone help me????

Ok Another Question

I have orderd some new buddyclub wheels for my car. The origional wheels were 18x8 +35mm of set front, and 18x9+45mm for back

I odered my new wheels from tokyo express, and they dont do the 18 inch ones anymore. They only have 19x8.5 +38mm for front and 19x9.5 + 38mm for backs

now the origional wheels had a 4mm spacer on the fronts to clear the caliper, and were flush with the front arches, but the test fit on the new 19x8.5 =38mm front wheels dont clear the caliper, and a 5mm shim is needed to only just clear it by 1mm. and the rim pokes out slightly now from the wheel arch.

i spoke to tokyo express again about my concerns, and they said that did i lower the car on the test rim as the weight of the car should pull the wheel into the arch, which i am yet to do, but frankly i am sceptical if this is going to make any difference, and they now have my money for all four wheels, and i feel like even if there is a problem that i am going to have to order them anyway........nighmare....anyone help me????

ok no one then

wow this is such a helpful forum.....:rolleyes:

Get you're money back. The wheels do not fit as proven by the test fit.

The suppliers could not say if the brakes would clear and you want 18's. Their problem.

It's a very dodgy area, offsets, your best bet is to fit wheels known to clear uk brakes. There's loads of stuff on that under the search button.

Only other way is to get the wheels fabbed with custom offset to clear. Megabucks.

19's will affect handling adversely. Spacers will affect suspension components adversely. Neither is an option worthy of fitting in my book.

HTH

Andy

Edit. I believe the offset on my Ultralites are 48. 35 is too little.

Edited by AndyT (see edit history)

Ok thanks guys, perhaps it wasnt the best way to get some replies on here, but it worked..lol

I have sent the following e-mail to them:

Hello XXX,

It is with regret that I have decided not proceed with the order. We did lower the car down on the test wheel over the weekend as I was able to gain access to the car in the yard and it sticks out an awful lot still by around a few mm, and it wont clear the wheel arch with the tyre on as the whole wheel takes up all the space.

Also I am having to use a 5mm spacer with that wheel which is offering me only just .5mm clearance from the brake caliper, and am not happy with the strain on the wheel bearings.

I would like to thank you very much for all your help, and I fully expect a refund please into my account so I can use that money to take the car to a garage who specliases in measuring up wheels for the supra.

Get you're money back. The wheels do not fit as proven by the test fit.

The suppliers could not say if the brakes would clear and you want 18's. Their problem.

It's a very dodgy area, offsets, your best bet is to fit wheels known to clear uk brakes. There's loads of stuff on that under the search button.

Only other way is to get the wheels fabbed with custom offset to clear. Megabucks.

19's will affect handling adversely. Spacers will affect suspension components adversely. Neither is an option worthy of fitting in my book.

HTH

Andy

Edit. I believe the offset on my Ultralites are 48. 35 is too little.

thanks andy

where did you get your wheels from?

Ok i have spoken to tokyo express again

and we seem to be getting somewhere.

looks like i am having to go with a completly different wheel :(

i wanted to buddyclubs, but it does look like that the prev owner had installed ill fitting wheels in the 1st place.

they have some ssr, 18's which look quite nice. and they seem to offer offsets closer to the origional spec. the closest i can get is +41 man this is an absalute nightmare...

I am getting really pissed off with it now. :rolleyes: