The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash2 Videos

Ryan.G

Hey Guys

Right here are some quick videos of the dash in action

The First video is just showing some of the features of the dash like indicators, different screens etc.

The second video is of an alarm function. I simulated the oil pressure dropping to flag up the warning message and light. The brightness of the LED's you can change as in 100% they blind you. :D

The last video is me driving along a private road and boosting. I still need to hook up the speed signal and setup the gear indicator. But you get the general idea and can see the shift lights working.

Ignore the lamdba on lift off this is a Vems output issue where is cuts the 0-5v output signal on lift off.

As well as the flickering on the fuel level. I need to slow down the refresh rate on the fuel left % and setup the alarm

Enjoy! :cool:

I wouldnt have this in the Supra, I wouldnt want to trash the standard dash set up, but Ryan could you put this into my drift S13.....?

Hey chap

Yh can be fitted to any car as even if the ecu doesn't have an Can or Serial output the dash has alot of analog inputs to tap into RPM, Speed, Temps, pressures, lambda etc

Ryan

just looks like there's to many different screens to be going through to see which sensor you want to view, rather have gauges where you can glimpse at whatever one you want straight away!

indicators look shity also i think, and the fuel readings is all over the place?

apart from that its a nice bit of kit.

This one is also a nice idea but dont think it come's with as many features.

install02.jpg

install19.jpg

Edited by Supra ST Myster (see edit history)

just looks like there's to many different screens to be going through to see which sensor you want to view, rather have gauges where you can glimpse at whatever one you want straight away!

indicators look $#@!y also i think, and the fuel readings is all over the place?

apart from that its a nice bit of kit.

This one is also a nice idea but dont think it come's with as many features.

Did you read the first post chap or just watch the video's?

You can view up to 5 parameters on each screen and i set the screens up on my unit to not have lots of data flashing in front of me but to only warn me when a parameter goes past its High or Low limit.

Im personally not a fan of having lots of gauges clutted around the dash espically when driving it makes me want to constantly watch them rather than the road.

Fuel gauge is explained in first post

Ryan

yeah read the first post, but like with everything, the more information you want to see at one time the smaller things are going to get, just don’t think this bit of kit is for a street car, don’t get me wrong its very good of kit, but think its going to be difficult to see it very well and the road when travelling along at speed and trying to see what the afr's are doing or whatever, where with gauges its slightly easier

each to there own though.

Where did you come by that?

Think that would look more oem in a black dash, prefer the brighter lcd`s as well, what info does this one cover??

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.cfm/page/ptype=product/product_id=220/category_id=232/home_id=59/mode=prod/prd220.htm

I've been tempted by one of these myself. Separate gauges are also available (e.g. boost), but these would need mounting more traditionally. I'm not sure if warnings are available though, which is a drawback to me.

yeah read the first post, but like with everything, the more information you want to see at one time the smaller things are going to get, just don’t think this bit of kit is for a street car, don’t get me wrong its very good of kit, but think its going to be difficult to see it very well and the road when travelling along at speed and trying to see what the afr's are doing or whatever, where with gauges its slightly easier

each to there own though.

You're obviously not from the console generation.....;)

• 2 months later...

I like this piece of kit and was very nearly buying one recently.

I don't wanna hi-jack the thread as I see a lot of happy customers but has anyone considered the dashdaq display over this unit. I looked into it quite a bit and it seems to be a smashing piece of kit and at a cheaper price. Supports a huge list of aftermarket ecu data streams and comes with OBDII as standard to display everything else.

Haven't actually bought one of these yet either but it is on my hit list.

Just thought it my be of use to add another possibility and maybe a GB could be organised with Dashdaq at some stage.

I would also be interested in anyones personal experience on the dashdaq (good and/or bad) even if it is in a new thread...

The satnav on the dasdaq is an optional extra that I wouldn't personally be interested in.

The main intended use of the dashdaq is for displaying engine parameters. I think that the fact that it is a colour screen display and is somewhat customisable as to how each engine parameter is displaid may make it seem more of a gimmick than the dash2 option but nevertheless it seems to do as good if not better a job of showing the "status" of your engine.

My personal intended use was to have it running off the Autronic SM4 data stream alongside my factory dash which is now not showing all the info I need. I have seen several youtube clips of the dashdaq running and it looks to be pretty bang on with little to zero delay as expected and looks easy enough to use. And this is only running from the OBDII port.

Would just like to hear some feedback from people who have installed and used the dashdaq.