The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best grooved and drilled discs?

Guest Stratt

Hi guys,

Its time to change all four discs on my supra 1997 twin turbo auto / tiptronic.

I am thinking i may as well buy some grooved and drilled discs rather than standard ones.

I have seen lots of different sets, but dont know if they are any good or not. They are as follows

*CRN grooved and drilled brake discs (on ebay) ?

*EBC grooved and drilled discs?

* 3G grooved and drilled brake discs (Whifbitz/ Most expensive)?

I havent got a clue which discs are good or bad. was wondering if any of you guys have had any experience with the above discs or can you offer me any advice on upgrading discs and pads?

What's your budget and goal here ?

What do you use your car for ? track, fast road ??

At a minimum, I'd stick with stock discs and upgrade the pads, hoses and buy good quality fluid.

Stay away from ebay...and EBC.

All IMO ;)

Hi,

I dont want to spend too much . The sets i have seen vary from approx £300 for all four discs to around £360 for the 3G ones fron whifbitz.

I will not race the car just occasional fast road use. I also like the look of the grooved and drilled discs. However, dont want to buy rubbish!!

Stick with stock discs unless you are uprating the calipers to suit. The items you have mentioned have no OEM quality assurance and are well known as being utter shite. They might be fine on a Corsa, but on a heavy 300+bhp car they are just a joke. Brakes and tyre's are NOT items to try and save money on, buy the best available.

Edited by Pixelfill
you forgot the NOT ! (see edit history)

Ok looks like i will have to settle for standard discs then!! I like the look of drilled and grooved discs aswell.

Think they look much better than stock discs!!

Thanks Guys

Me too looks like i will have to stick with standard discs? Thought the 3G ones from whifbitz would have been good replacements.

Thanks for info.