The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So... the car is back... the story

supragold

Hi all,

So... the story...

Well, at the beginning of the year i got my supra back after having loads more work done like suspension, clutch, diff etc etc.

I met a girl over in Hertford and well kinda never went home again lol. We lived an hour apart and it was just easier to stay there. The car stayed at my parents for awhile and was only used on the saturday mornings mainly just to keep it running. After a couple of months we decided we'd make it official and move in. We decided to go and move the car to our new house and thats where it all went wrong (for the car.)

I drove it to my usual petrol station 2 mins up the road which was unusually busy. I put £50 in and proceed to pull away. Trying to fit between a car and a van i pull away and forget how low the thing is. I moved approx 20ft when SMASH!! everyone was looking. They have a showroom on the corner of the station for used cars and 2 salesman were admiring the car so it was some what embarrasing to find I'd just smashed my bumper to pieces on an incline to the main road. I was so shocked i didn't have a clue what had happened. I get out and find a section of bumper lying on the floor. I quicly picked it up and sped off. lol. Tail between legs lol. I pull over around the corner to check the damage. The bumper is smashed, the extra arch extensions on the bumper have split, the bolts snapped on the otherside so it was hanging, the wing got pushed up cracking my arches. Lets just say i was not happy lol. Anyway back to my parents it went where it sat for a few more months.

My friend was in the middle of painting his beetle but once that was done we started on the supra.

I've missed loads of shows this year including JAE and also had to cancel my shoot for Jap performance.

Well finally she's done. I took it back to my parents last night and am waiting to take it round the corner to have that armorguard stonechip protector refitted to the front. Then home to Hertford it comes. I can't wait. I have so much more planned for it and can finally start. This pic was of it last night. Hopefully now i can enjoy it and start coming to meets again. Just have to remember.... its damn low lol

O and whilst i had it at the paint shop i thought sod it i might aswell give the whole car a mop. It looks like new again. Love it.

DSC00890.JPG

Edited by supragold (see edit history)

Yeah i hope so, the photographer has rung me a few times, is it done yet, is it done yet lol. There's a few more things i want to do first. There always is.

Always mate:d But its good here they're are eager. Im looking forward to the feature already:)

I was thinking the entrance and path's in and out of Mersea's JAE were a bit hostile, was wondering how you can avoid mashing again, a lot of grief to go through each time you get caught out on your ride height.

I remember having a butchers at i think was the KW Suspension stand, at the last Time Attack Brands Hatch round. They had this demo of there clever coilover kit that has a built in Lambo style height raising section in the coilover strut. So you can hit the remote and raise your car summink like 40mm to get you over low bumps and stuff. Dunno how well they perform as a coilover in general.

Guess you've just done your suspension not long ago, coilovers wont be high on you to do list, what did you have done then..... goes to look in your garage.....

Hey Mark,

Be good to see you and the car about again, congrats on the new woman, hope alls well mate:)

Hey buddy, Thanks. I've been watching your build thread. Thats all i've been looking at on here for awhile lol. Congrats mate. Looks like another awesome ride. I love that you've stayed stock looking.

Woo hooo have you changed your number? or are you ignoring me..Nice to have you back mate.

No mate same number. Just ignoring you :p haha. Na seriously I've not had any texts or calls. Thought you didn't love me any more :( lol

I was thinking the entrance and path's in and out of Mersea's JAE were a bit hostile, was wondering how you can avoid mashing again, a lot of grief to go through each time you get caught out on your ride height.

I remember having a butchers at i think was the KW Suspension stand, at the last Time Attack Brands Hatch round. They had this demo of there clever coilover kit that has a built in Lambo style height raising section in the coilover strut. So you can hit the remote and raise your car summink like 40mm to get you over low bumps and stuff. Dunno how well they perform as a coilover in general.

Guess you've just done your suspension not long ago, coilovers wont be high on you to do list, what did you have done then..... goes to look in your garage.....

Erm. I think i put a thread up ages ago with the new additions. I'll have a look for it. The pics etc in my garage are all old now. I'll have to update them at some point. Not even sure if my mods list is upto date. lol

Are they the original Billy's still on there, i imagine there not, sure they wouldn't hang around long if you wanted to sell them!?;)

No mate Tein monoflex now. Billy's have already gone.

O. Looks like i didn't post a thread on the latest work. lol

EDIT: - mod's list now updated

Edited by supragold (see edit history)