The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for parts - Failed the MOT today :(

pedrostar

...for ridiculous reasons (side repeater colours and headlights) and made the mistake of going to the Toyota dealership to get this done.

Can anyone help source amber covers for the side repeaters and new white bulbs for the main headlights? (mine are wrapped blue round the bulb but the light still comes out white, not sure why that failed?)

Need to get the parts asap to get myself back on the road as road tax has already expired.

Could anyone recommend a good MOT station to use near central london that I could visit pre and post-work?

thanks all

might be a bad idea but would it not be easier and cheaper to just find a backstreet mot station that'll pass you. I failed my mot once because the guy said my exhaust was blowing, i took it to another guy up the road and he passed it. He didn't really mind.

thought I might as well have the parts for the future just in case. Dont want to fail again and waste another £55. and dont know any "supra loving" MOT stations nearby...

wont get a chance to bring the car to another MOT station till next week now...any ideas? think ill be paying again :(

If you have those awful aftermarket 'blue' bulbs for the headlights just get some correct replacements from your local motor factor, they're only a few quid.

Why did the sidelights fail? If they're clear side repeaters you only need an orange bulb, again available at any motor factor. With those fitted it cannot fail an MOT unless the lenses themselves are severely clouded (and that would take some doing!)

you should try the parts for sale section, there's a couple of supra's being broken up there, ask if you can have the indicator lenses and lamp holders if you need them

absolutely. having a look round now :)

If you have those awful aftermarket 'blue' bulbs for the headlights just get some correct replacements from your local motor factor, they're only a few quid.

Why did the sidelights fail? If they're clear side repeaters you only need an orange bulb, again available at any motor factor. With those fitted it cannot fail an MOT unless the lenses themselves are severely clouded (and that would take some doing!)

yep sidelights failed as they're clear. Had some good advice from Gavin to just paint them amber myself but concerned someone might pick up on that. Afraid I do have those awful aftermarket bulbs at the moment, still saving the pennies to do the proper HID conversion. When you say bulbs for the headlights do you mean (god forbid) the local halfords?

Guest CoolsBlue
absolutely. having a look round now :)

yep sidelights failed as they're clear. Had some good advice from Gavin to just paint them amber myself but concerned someone might pick up on that. Afraid I do have those awful aftermarket bulbs at the moment, still saving the pennies to do the proper HID conversion. When you say bulbs for the headlights do you mean (god forbid) the local halfords?

i got my bulbs from halfords, they seem pretty good on the little bits and bobs, but they are proper frauds when it comes to speakers, headunits and sub boxes:d

Amber side repeater lamps from Halfords, they sock the standard headlight lamps too. Approx. £15 the lot.

A motorfactor would be slightly cheaper.

Knightrider is breaking a standard supra in way of his project drag car and may have everything you need for not much cash. :)

i got my bulbs from halfords, they seem pretty good on the little bits and bobs, but they are proper frauds when it comes to speakers, headunits and sub boxes:d

thanks bud

Amber side repeater lamps from Halfords, they sock the standard headlight lamps too. Approx. £15 the lot.

A motorfactor would be slightly cheaper.

Knightrider is breaking a standard supra in way of his project drag car and may have everything you need for not much cash. :)

ooo...nice, will drop him a pm if he still has these parts, would be a great help! thanks andy