The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Christmas is here!

SteveR

Do you want a Christmas Meal meet?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Christmas Meal meet?

EDIT - Christmas meal details now sorted - please see this thread:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=168325

----

OK it's not, but it will be one day, so if we want a Christmas Meal meet now's the time to start thinking about it.

Ideas for good potential venues greatfully recieved - geographically the more people that could get to it the better.

Edited by SteveR (see edit history)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might be a bit of an odd idea, but how about we do it the first weekend in Jan?

Here's my thinking:

1. It's cheaper
  2. It's something to look forward to after the fizz of xmas has gone
  3. It'll be quieter out

If we went for the centre of the Midlands - Birmingham, we can get Travel lodges on Friday 9th in the centre for just £19. Birmingham Central and Birmingham Central Plaza.

Car parking can be done at The Mailbox - Very secure professional parking. Will cost you the same to put your car to bed as the hotel. ;)

Book a big Chinese banquet or something to everyone's tastes then hit a club?

We may be able to do a deal on a meal with it being a quiet weekend on takings generally that weekend.

The survivors can always potter around Brum and do lunch on Sat.

If we do decide to do this we'll need to book the lodges ASAP to get the deal price.

Thoughts?

beeeeeeeump

Any ideas then folks or shall I just book a random pub? ;)

Is there any interest from our more easterly midlands counterparts? I'd like to book somewhere within an hour of everyone if possible, if people wil make the effort to come I mean. I guess that means nearish to a motorway and somewhere near the M42/M40 junction? So, KFC at a services it is, lol! (just kidding :p)