The mkiv Supra Owners Club

T51R Manifold Pics

jevansio

My T51R manifold turned up today, massive thanks to Nic. He was after some pics of it so I'll share with you too.

It looks like a work of art, I noticed UK Rich got some braces when he bought the full kit so I think I'll have some made up when it's fitted.

Also it weighs a fair bit, are all tubular manifolds that heavy?

So I now have the turbo & manifold, but I'm going to hang on before installing it. My car is running sweet & I don't think there's any need to change it at the mo.

attachment.php?attachmentid=81406&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81407&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81408&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81409&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81410&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81411&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81412&stc=1&d=1220546674

attachment.php?attachmentid=81413&stc=1&d=1220546674

IMG_2864.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2869.jpg

IMG_2870.jpg

IMG_2871.jpg

IMG_2872.jpg

Work of art that:cool: get it on:D

:D, I really want to, but I've got a list of things to do & I've prioritised them & this isn't very far up. Full respray & sorting suspension out is above putting this on (& a new kitchen is above them :().

If I can hang on long enough I'd also like to replace my block & head with a PHR Stage 5 & a 3.4 Stroked bottom end (starting with new head & block), I'm sort of thinking if I'm doing it again, this turbo setup deserves the best engine I can afford.

How much do manifolds expand/contract during use?

I'm just wondering as my manifold has little sections cut out between the front 3 and rear 3 cylinders, which I was told is to allow for expansion & contraction, aiding longevity of the manifold; however that looks aweome and very well built engineered so if it were important wouldn't the gaps have been a feature?

How much do manifolds expand/contract during use?

I'm just wondering as my manifold has little sections cut out between the front 3 and rear 3 cylinders, which I was told is to allow for expansion & contraction, aiding longevity of the manifold; however that looks aweome and very well built engineered so if it were important wouldn't the gaps have been a feature?

My current manifold (Sound Performance - copy of the HKS) was blowing a year or so ago, when it was taken off it had slightly warped. The infamous Dan Turner said that the flange needed cutting to seperate some of the runner, so we cut it & it popped back into shape. I've not had a problem with it since.

This manifold does have a little cut out between 3 & 4, but it's on the other side of the flange & it's not all the way through.

My current manifold (Sound Performance - copy of the HKS) was blowing a year or so ago, when it was taken off it had slightly warped. The infamous Dan Turner said that the flange needed cutting to seperate some of the runner, so we cut it & it popped back into shape. I've not had a problem with it since.

This manifold does have a little cut out between 3 & 4, but it's on the other side of the flange & it's not all the way through.

Soudns as if the theory is correct then.

I see the gaps now in the last picture. :thumbs:

• 1 year later...