The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering selling...gauging interest - Supra GT4088 6 speed

Sean1933

Its starting to get to that time that I need to move out of home, I think I have bled my mother dry long enough ;) or vice versa, im not sure. Not in any rush to sell but need to get an idea of what shes worth given the current used car market & credit crunch.

Heres the spec, probably missed something out!:

Originally a black 1993 Supra TT 6 speed manual

Full respray in metallic Lamborghini Grigo Avlon some 3-4 months ago

Approx 79K miles (Not 100% sure if all miles or some km's, will check when I get home tonight)

FULL SERVICE HISTORY since it came out the factory in japan!!! Very rare.

Precision genuine garrett GT4088 0.81A/R turbo (mapped to 1.4bar by Ryan G @ SRR) (Blades are clean as a whistle before anyone asks ;) )

Turbo Blanket

HKS 50mm Wastegate with open screamer pipe

AEM filter

4" FMIC with full hardpipes

Southbend DXD Dual Friction Clutch with extended push rod

HKS Ti 4" Exhaust with custom 3" Downpipe & Midpipe

Apexi Power FC with hand controller & 3bar apexi map sensor

800cc Sard injectors

Walbro pump

Sard A/F Regulator with gauge

Brembo brakes all round with custom DBA discs & 5.1 fluid

Goodrich brake lines all round

Apexi N1 pro coilovers

18" Blitz 03 alloys (could do with a refurb, still not got around to it myself!)

Doluck front bumper

Veilside skirts & spats

Stock spoiler

Facelift style headlights with facelift front indicators (indicators not fitted yet as I keep forgetting!)

Ariel and rear wiper removed and flushed

6000K HID conversion

Clifford CAT1 alarm

Greddy boost & HKS DB oil pressure & temp gauges

VEMS ARF & EGT gauge

Blitz spec-R DSBC boost controller

Resprayed gunmetal dash with blue LED dash & dial conversion

DVD headunit

Option tuning steering wheel

Black dyed carpet

Sparco harnesses

Most of this is as per my project thread when I rebuilt most of the car how I wanted it some 6 months ago:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=151185

Running approx 550 BHP & 500 ft/lb torque @ 1.4bar, however I should have an exact figure if I manage to get down to the AFR open day in a few weeks time.

So common peeps, whats she worth?

(See above link for pics, however NEW PICS TO FOLLOW when i get home tonight)

Edited by Sean1933 (see edit history)

Keep it, wait 6 months and houses will have dropped by more than you'd get from selling the car.

If I ever say "I'm selling the car because I need to buy a house", someone please kill me. I could never be without my toy!

If you insist on selling, my only advice would be to price it right and wait for the right buyer; they are out there, even in this market (most are abroad, and without us doing anything our cars still just keep getting cheaper & cheaper to the buyer holding Euros). There is nothing more depressing/self-defeatist than to see nice cars continually dropped and dropped in price every 2 weeks, especially after reading "I'm not in a rush to sell".

Completely agree mate re prices dropping, and i intend to hold out for what its worth...but what is that. I also am not looking to buy a house now but start looking in 5-6 months time, however i need the money from the supra for a large chunk of the deposit. Then in a few years when things i intend to be back in another one and start another project...but needs must :( .

TBH Sean but I don't think there is going to be a real positive period during 2008/early 2009 where you can get the price you want for such a top-spec car like yours. (Looks great BTW;)).

I think Steve has just about given all the good advice there is but all I would add is make sure you reach the biggest 'for sale' audience as possible.

My next door neighbour cancelled his Audi TT in June and the other one has just cancelled his Range Rover last week so money is certainly becoming tighter.

I don’t think the likes of the Danish/Euro contingent will be able to offer great prices either as they are facing a financial depression, therefore, it’s more than likely that the Europeans will be seeking a top bargain too.:rolleyes:

Good luck with the sale mate as there are always fellow enthusiasts that will be keen to pay out;)

Edited by SupraAyf (see edit history)

European is where i thought it would go to be honest...just need some ideas of how much to market it at. :search: Anyone care to comment?

Why don't you pop on to Piston Heads and look at the Supras there. I would place the Supra adverts in order so that the most expensive Supras are at the top, then; simply slot your car into where it fits best in the price and spec order.

You can also see what's been on the market for the longest and adjust the price accordingly.

It's not such a silly exercise as it sounds as you will have an idea of what is really selling and what you can get for your car against its top-spec;)

You may get a better idea of the real 'current' market price instead of someone saying its worth silly money:Pling:

Cheers Andrew, took your advice and im thinking £15K-£16K looks reasonably realistic...given there are cars on piston heads of the same sort of spec minus the respray, brakes, FSH, and a few other bits thay are up for £15K. Reasonable?

Sounds good Sean - give it a go mate. You can test the water and take it from there.

I think it has been said a few times but if the price is too low then people get a little suspicious, even in this tighter market place.

Personally, I always look at the more expensive cars as people who pride their top spec cars (like yours) know how much time and effort has gone in to making them good. The overpriced/substandard ones nearly always stand out a mile.

Good luck with the sale mate;)