The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Forthcoming Supra Owner

Guest Cexy_ratt

Guest Cexy_ratt

Hi Everyone,

I currently own a ST205 GT4 WRC, running 312bhp, so it aint slow. I really fancy a change, and love the Supra Shape.

So Supra it is. I am selling my 4 to join the supra clan.

Really after as much advice as possible, i know the 4 like the back of my hand, the supra is an unknown quantity for me

i am located in preston, i think i should be able to get around 4K for my celica with ease.

Anyone know of any supras, manual ones around that mark that are for sale, or that you can recommend

thanks

You can get a great NA manual for that sort of money but it will be slow compared to your current car........

You will need £5K and lots of luck, or £6.5-7K and just be willing to travel, in order to pickup a TT manual. If its stock again it won't be much quicker than your celica at legal speeds......

I would say no, but i have one currently and have had TT's before and there is a massive difference in pace.

I have no experience of Celica's but yours would spank my NA i'm sure. Saying this i'm not looking to swap my NA for your car or a similarly powerful car eg Skyline GTS or older scooby etc.

It used to be about power for me but certain things have changed my outlook, and so i still find my NA fun, many cars will 'beat' me but on a deserted A road it still gives me a smile....

On the flip side loads of people on here would simply not own a supra if there had not been a turbo model, loads don't want a auto, etc etc.

You need to know whats important to you, having a 300+bhp celica implied to me that you liked your horses so i thought it worth mentioning that an NA may disappoint :)

Guest Cexy_ratt

are they that bad?, your really putting me off now.

The 4 is sub 5 seconds, dont know if i can go into 6-7 sec mark, jees my Celica GTI from years agoi was faster than that

If yours is genuinely sub five secs then its already quicker than many TT's for 0-60. The TT will have great midrange acceleration though, probably better than the Celica but an NA won't, how can it? its 'only' 220bhp and is heavier (presumably?).

You need to try before you buy IMO because quoting 'stats' firstly isn't all the story and secondly peoples stats tend to vary even when talking about the same cars!

Guest Cexy_ratt

yeah i understand the n/a is gonna be out of the turbos league

Theres a guy down the road with an N/A im gonna get him to take for us a spin

thanks for the input guys