The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who's spent all day in the sunshine cleaning their car..?

blackmax

Originally posted by Supragal

Nope. As a result of an abusive weekend I've been asleep. Got up in time to notice what an amzing day it must have been. I'm ready to go back to bed now TBH :(

Actually, what am I saying? I don't even have a Supe to clean. Am I still asleep? Help!

YEP!! Cleaned, polished and ultraglossed my baby today. Looks the bollocks.

One thing though that really pisses me off with cleaning the soop is, that after you wash it and dry it, the wings mirrors will not stop dripping water down the side of the car. I think mine are still dripping.:mad:

Makes polishing it a right royal pain in the arse:devil:

Ben..

Originally posted by Bobbeh

I hear that... I sat there with a piece of kitchen towel one day just trying to soak up all the water from there... and typical the drips still came :)

I used an airline on the drivers side one and blew loads of water all over the rest of the nicely dried car. Once I had cleared all of the splatter marks from the air blowing........

.........it fucking dripped!!!:conf: :mad: :devil: :flame Dev

Ben..

Originally posted by Soonto"HAS"soop

I used an airline on the drivers side one and blew loads of water all over the rest of the nicely dried car. Once I had cleared all of the splatter marks from the air blowing........

.........it fucking dripped!!!:conf: :mad: :devil: :flame Dev

Ben..

Hilarious :) I'm glad I'm not alone in the nightmare everlasting wingmirror water situation. I also get one stem of the rear spoiler stash a load of water especially for when I open the boot after drying the car off.

I found that wrapping a cloth around the wingmirror stem and tying it tight stopped the constant drippage. This only works if you then leave the car in the garage for a couple of days, obviously - you'd look a right berk turning up like that to a meet or something. Or, you could say 'bollocks to it' and polish off the hard water trail after it's QUITE finished dripping.

-Ian