The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone used these ebay front discs??

ManwithSupra

Could anyone point me anywhere I can get some stock pads (front and rear) pretty quickly for my N/A import.

My brakes are grinding and I cant get a service until next Saturday - and I need the car for work. Toyota wold be 3 days and expensiveI know Kwik Fit is not everyones idea of ecstacy, but wo. uld they be able to fix me if I just turned up - even for short term.

Also, I spoke to Hypertek today who I think I'm going to take my car to for service. They asked what size pads I needed. I've no idea but apparently there are diferent sizes [sAD][/sAD] and I've no idea how to find out.

Could they just be confusing the 4 pot and the 2 pot. I presume mine are 2 pot on the front.

Push comes to shove and I will order from here in the short term and try and fit them myself.

http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org.uk/contents/en-uk/d11851.html

http://www.brakepartssuperstore.org.uk/contents/en-uk/d11850.html

Can anyone confirm the above would be suitable or link me to somewhere I can get some quickly.

Short term fix until I can get some Chris Wilsons hopefully

Many thanks

Which brakes do you have fitted, the smaller 2pot/1pot or the larger 4pot/2pot? I've got TRD brake pads in stock to fit both.

http://trdparts.jp/english/image2/p_brakepad-jzs160.jpg

I'm presuming its the 2/1 Nic. Although I couldnt tell really. I was under the impression that the N/A used the 2/1 as a standard. I certainly haven't changed them. I could check tomorrow though, presumably by taking the wheel off - or can you tell without that. I've got nothing to compare it to.

Problem with the TRD is that with you being in Hong Kong, and them grinding already, I really need a quick fix - as in tomorrow if I can, as I still have to use it to get to work and back.

How long does it normally take for your stuff to come over?

As an aside Nic, is there a "compatible with the Supra" list of consumables anywhere on the site for stuff like this. I've been looking at Filters etc but apart from OEM which I presume you have to get through Toyota (at their prices) then its quite difficult to find alternatives.

Guest brad26-supra

yeah ive got them on my n/a, they work amazingly with a set of all round mintex pads and braided hoses. i stopped from 145 to a halt in 200yds with them. i measured it before i got to a roundabout.

highly recommended

They are well know to be made of butter. It's the sort of thing you'd fit to a Saxo that doesn't have any performance, but for gods sake do not fit to a TT supra. It's utter madness fitting shit like this on any performance car.

Do you know how much a "proper" floating disc costs? There is a bloody good reason these ones are so cheap...

Honestly Richard I wouldn't have expected a chap like yourself to consider buying rubish like this.

Edit: Sorry to be harsh, but stuff like this really ticks me off, brakes and tyres are the perhaps the most important items you ever fit on a car, the choice in parts can be the difference between life and death.