The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coloured dash kits

Silver Fox

I know carbon fibre dash kits have been covered a million times on here but i am after something different:

I saw a skyline the other day which had a stick on orange dash kit, just plain orange. It looked amazing

I was wondering if anyone knows where you can buy coloured stick on dash kits for supras?

Or if anyone has any pictures of this?

I think he had them a couple of weeks as there was a bit of a reaction from the silicone cleaner I had used.

Fair play thou, he didn't think feck it, and send them back, he rubbed it all down again and started again.

I told him the sort of colour I wanted and he chose the best one. Really happy with them.

A job well done.

A had a spare set of dash panels so just stuck them on until I got the others back.

I had mine sprayed in a high gloss black finish by a local spray shop - cost £120, they had them for about a week.

I've got a couple of minor bubbles which weren't a problem but about a month ago noticed that the paint had lifted around the gear surround so that has cracked... (more to do with the unndercoat I used when I tried it than what they did I think) They have said they'd re-do it if anything went wrong but it's not that noticable tbh so I haven't botherred.

What did you do when you sprayed it yourself?

I did mine in black, that lasted about 5 months, but i wanted a change, so last week I redid it

Side note, dont use nitromors to remove old paint on plastic!

I used plasti-kote primer, halfords rattle can (Rover Ametheyst) and halfords laquer.

Took about 5 hours all in, and the finish is great, ill post some pics later.