Mascrat - 8th Sep 08

Matt H

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got this off jap north west site

Hi all,

I have just had a phone call from a guy called Rob, duty manager at Mascrat Manor.

He has told me that no more car meetings from any club are to be held there.

He was not happy as it was a directive from his head office, and he has no option but to do as he says.

He has apologised and only had my number as a contact person (god know how as I gave them my number about 5 years ago !!)

Anyway, he agrees he will loose lots of revenue and is trying to get his head office to see that the Japnorthwest meet was always well run and made him good money and that we had been there with their consent since day 1 and also the Police had no objections, it was purely a manager at head office.

So please can you spread the word, I know it short notice and have advised them that it may be too late to do anything about tonight.

I'm posting this from work so have no email details or contact for Paul at hand..

Edited by Pixelfill (see edit history)

more disturbingly:

My brother and I went to meet his girlfriend and 2 of her mates at Mascrat tonight. When me and my brother arrived and sat down, we were told that anyone associated with "the car club" would not be served. We'd been spotted getting out of "flash cars" so that's why we were told... We managed to eat in the end, thankfully because we were starving and the M6 south to head home was snarled up. I guess we'll have to check the forum in future before each meet...

Once again I don't think they deserve the custom. Sounds like Mandy has left as manager, and in spite of protestations I get the impression that the new manager doesn't want us there.

Mike

Let's wait for the report from the guys who have gone tonight.

Edit: it will also be interesting to find out whether they have fixed the toilets 3 months on

Edited by Pixelfill (see edit history)

It was a total fiasco really!!

Fortunately I was still in my work stuff so managed to get 4 cokes as I didn't look like I was with the car club.

I had a chat with the manager (who I felt really sorry for, as it wasn't his decision yet he was the one left to tell loads of people that they couldn't stay)

Basically there is a car club (chav's) that meet there on a wednesday and they spend their time razzing up and down the car park and generally being stupid. Unfortunatley at their last meet the area manager was there and he has stopped ANY car meet from now on. Unfortunately whilst talking to him and trying to convince him that we weren't like that someone went flying out the car park!!

I asked him why he was only telling certain people that they can't eat and he said that he had no way of policing it and that he was only able to stop people who he had seen with the car club. Top and bottom of it is, no more Mascrat I told him the way they have handled it is terrible and that it would've been better to just let people stay and eat and let them know that they can't come back anymore.

Fortunately we managed to get something to eat but I'll definitely never go back they don't deserve the custom.:(