The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Auto TT engine to 5spd N/A

heartworm

I have an Auto TT here with all the bits attatched to it, at the weekend the garage is going to start pulling it out to put into my 5spd N/A.

What parts do I need to get a hold off since its going into a manual, and its from an auto? Please make this an easy list to understand...im not very teechnical with cars!

There's a bit of an issue with connecting one of the TT ECU plugs to the NA fusebox. Miko_supra and Jezz were a great help solving this on my conversion, some details can be found here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2073824&postcount=2

It's an essential one to solve otherwise the car won't run correctly.

Also make sure you change the Radiator for a TT one as the NA one is tiny.

You'll also need the induction system from a TT and obviously the ECU and engine loom. Same for the first cat if it's not already on the engine.

Not sure about the clutch/flywheel situation on the 5spd or if the NA flywheel can be used on the TT, but I'm sure someone can advise.

Will add more as I think of them!

Not sure about the clutch/flywheel situation on the 5spd or if the NA flywheel can be used on the TT, but I'm sure someone can advise.

this one i can help on the stock 5 box clutch can handle stock ttpower, but i was advised to replace it with a better one i've got a rps one, and feels no different to the stock clutch but will hold up to bpu(+)

wow i think this has been my most helpful thread ever?

Edited by couv3z
grammer (see edit history)

There's a bit of an issue with connecting one of the TT ECU plugs to the NA fusebox. Miko_supra and Jezz were a great help solving this on my conversion, some details can be found here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=2073824&postcount=2

It's an essential one to solve otherwise the car won't run correctly.

Also make sure you change the Radiator for a TT one as the NA one is tiny.

You'll also need the induction system from a TT and obviously the ECU and engine loom. Same for the first cat if it's not already on the engine.

Will add more as I think of them!

Yep, I have the Induction system, ECU, Loom and radiator out of the car the engine came from, I have a new clutch for the 5 spd, but hadn't even thought about the flywheel.

this one i can help on the stock 5 box clutch can handle stock ttpower, but i was advised to replace it with a better one i've got a rps one, and feels no different to the stock clutch but will hold up to bpu(+)

wow i think this has been my most helpful thread ever?

Thanks, looking forwarad to that TT power again

Yep, I have the Induction system, ECU, Loom and radiator out of the car the engine came from, I have a new clutch for the 5 spd, but hadn't even thought about the flywheel.

Just make sure you read the links on those threads as unless you change the engine bay loom (not the same as the engine loom) you will need to make the fusebox mod. It's one of the biggest issued with the conversion if not done correctly.