The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thinking of buying CAT D repaired supra for £1850

rg500

Hi there everyone,

I am a newby on this site, and wondered if i could have your opinion,

I am thinking of buying a CAT D Supra it is a non turbo SZ auto on a L PLate with 51000 miles on it with veilside side skirts, rear spats and rear spoiler the bloke is quite desperate to sell as he has a family on the way and it is only £1850, just wanted someones opinion, how do you find out what damage the car had ????????

Many thanks.

I am not sure how you would find that out but maybe you could find out when it was a Cat D. If it was recent then the damage can't of been that bad.

At the end of the day £1850 or less......;) Is nothing for a car. If you are prepared to lose it or get next to nothing when you sell it then I don't see the problem.

H.

If you're prepared to write off most of what you pay for the car, then it's probably not too bad. But as DB said, the price doesn't sound too far away from a non- write off. The thing counting in its favour is the very low mileage. Does the mileage look genuine when you look at the condition of the car, inside and out?

As above, but another thing to bear in mind is if you have an accident they will only pay out half the value of the car.

A way round this might be to tell them it's worth around 4k to cover your money or even better see if they can do an agreed valuation policy.

As above, but another thing to bear in mind is if you have an accident they will only pay out half the value of the car.

A way round this might be to tell them it's worth around 4k to cover your money or even better see if they can do an agreed valuation policy.

Good point. I can't see the 4k thing working though. In the event of an accident, the insurers usually send an assessor out to your car who works out what it's worth (and they usually come up with a small number).